Query Problem EdatabaseError Field not Found
Author Message
 Query Problem EdatabaseError Field not Found

I am using a  Query component on an application.  It works just fine on my
development machine. When I transfer the entire program and directory
contents to other machines I get an error stating it cannot find the Field
'Sum of totalprice' not found. and the program will not run.

If I change the TotalsQuery to TotalsQuery.active:= false the program will
run until I change active to true, then the error occurs again, only on the
other machines.

I have checked my BDE settings.

If I disable the query, the application will run on the other computers.

I have tried both delphi and InfoPower Query components.

I have tried to set the query field properties to internalcalc.

I am using  Delphi 4 with InfoPower 2000 and dBASE IV tables.

What am I missing?

John

Sun, 31 Jul 2005 07:01:24 GMT
 Query Problem EdatabaseError Field not Found
On Tue, 11 Feb 2003 15:01:24 -0800, "John Postnikoff"

Quote:

>I am using a  Query component on an application.  It works just fine on my
>development machine. When I transfer the entire program and directory
>contents to other machines I get an error stating it cannot find the Field
>'Sum of totalprice' not found. and the program will not run.

Did you just copy files from the dev machine, or did you make an
install file with InstallShield and do an install? If not, are the BDE
versions the same on all machines?

Dan

Quote:
>If I change the TotalsQuery to TotalsQuery.active:= false the program will
>run until I change active to true, then the error occurs again, only on the
>other machines.

>I have checked my BDE settings.

>If I disable the query, the application will run on the other computers.

>I have tried both Delphi and InfoPower Query components.

>I have tried to set the query field properties to internalcalc.

>I am using  Delphi 4 with InfoPower 2000 and dBASE IV tables.

>What am I missing?

>John

Sun, 31 Jul 2005 08:36:48 GMT
 Query Problem EdatabaseError Field not Found
Thanks for the reminder and oversight on my part. Looks like all I needed to
do was update BPL files.  Yes I did just copy the, application folder,  BPL
files,  and used a stand alone BDE installshield setup before the Query was
implemented into the program.   I created a new Installshield installation
with the BDE and updated BPLS and the applicaiton worked fine.

 The simple problems can be the most frustrating.

Thank you very much!

Quote:
> On Tue, 11 Feb 2003 15:01:24 -0800, "John Postnikoff"

> >I am using a  Query component on an application.  It works just fine on
my
> >development machine. When I transfer the entire program and directory
> >contents to other machines I get an error stating it cannot find the
Field
> >'Sum of totalprice' not found. and the program will not run.

> Did you just copy files from the dev machine, or did you make an
> install file with InstallShield and do an install? If not, are the BDE
> versions the same on all machines?

> Dan

> >If I change the TotalsQuery to TotalsQuery.active:= false the program
will
> >run until I change active to true, then the error occurs again, only on
the
> >other machines.

> >I have checked my BDE settings.

> >If I disable the query, the application will run on the other computers.

> >I have tried both Delphi and InfoPower Query components.

> >I have tried to set the query field properties to internalcalc.

> >I am using  Delphi 4 with InfoPower 2000 and dBASE IV tables.

> >What am I missing?

> >John

Mon, 01 Aug 2005 03:43:35 GMT

1. Query:Field 'fieldname' not found

2. BDE Error: Object Not Found: when opening query

3. Field 'PHYSICALTYPE' not found

4. Interbase - Setting table active - field not found

5. Interbase - Setting table active - field not found

6. Field not found error

7. Error : Field not found

8. How to find out unique-fields from query

9. Table not found problem with BDE3.5

10. .Multi-tier problem : provider not found in client app

11. EDatabaseError in W3.11, not in W95

12. Creating RunTime Fields: EDataBaseError 'Field 'Fieldname' is not of the expected type'