It is OK to laugh -- Paradox DB question
Author Message
 It is OK to laugh -- Paradox DB question

I am a former CA-Clipper and more recently VB5 programmer who is
exploring the delphi capabilities. My question, I see several BDE
replacements for the xbase .DBF databases but none for the Paradox .DB
files. If you use the Paradox database do you have to use the BDE?

Thanks...

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 It is OK to laugh -- Paradox DB question
I think that it's because the Paradox file format is not publicly available.
It's a shame as, apart from the awful sharing/locking system, it's a far
superior format to the various xBase systems.

Pete Gates

Quote:
> I am a former CA-Clipper and more recently VB5 programmer who is
> exploring the Delphi capabilities. My question, I see several BDE
> replacements for the xbase .DBF databases but none for the Paradox .DB
> files. If you use the Paradox database do you have to use the BDE?

> Thanks...

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 It is OK to laugh -- Paradox DB question
  Correct...  --  Borland decided not (for whatever reason) to tie directly
into the ODBC...  --  Thus, no replacements...

Jason Wallace
SL Software

--
Bomb Technician:  If you see me running, try and keep up!

> I am a former CA-Clipper and more recently VB5 programmer who is
> exploring the Delphi capabilities. My question, I see several BDE
> replacements for the xbase .DBF databases but none for the Paradox .DB
> files. If you use the Paradox database do you have to use the BDE?

> Thanks...

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. .post looks OK but changes not actually going into .db file

2. Master-Detail=ok / Table=not ok !?

3. question: look ok?.

4. Ok, one more question...

5. Ok, new question ....

6. Paradox Tables OK on CDROM?

7. DB Lookup Combo & DB Grids - Questions

8. Sorry, silly question but I am a newbie

9. SQL question - I am stuck :-(

10. she will usably laugh rude and kicks our distant, sweet potters over a planet

11. Try this for a laugh ...(D3/Database Desktop)

12. multi user DB app question