String lookup with "STARTING" not supported
Author Message
 String lookup with "STARTING" not supported

When I try to make a query like
select MACHNAAM from MACHINE where MACHNAAM starting (with) :machnm
(parameter), I get an error.
Capability not supported. Token: STARTING

machine is a dbase file machine.dbf.

How  can I look up a string starting with no matter what in a dbase
file with SQL

Thanks for any response

rob nieuwland

Wed, 11 Feb 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 String lookup with "STARTING" not supported

Quote:

>When I try to make a query like
>select MACHNAAM from MACHINE where MACHNAAM starting (with) :machnm
>(parameter), I get an error.
>Capability not supported. Token: STARTING
>machine is a dbase file machine.dbf.
>How  can I look up a string starting with no matter what in a dbase
>file with SQL

I use LIKE "X%" in place of STARTING WITH "X"

--
Chris Isbell
Southampton, England

+44 1703 465367

Wed, 11 Feb 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. "capability not supported" w/MSAccess DB

2. TQuery SQL statement "Capability Not Supported"

3. "Parameter not set in query string"

4. The keys "-"/"+"/"*"

5. "GNU-Pascal" Start-up Problem

6. Lookup and "All corresponding fields"

7. BPW--"pop-up program support"

8. ""256 Color Mouse""

9. EOleSysError: "CoInitialize has not been called"

10. "Name Not Unique In This Context"

11. Database Problem: "Not Initialized for Network"

12. BDE Setup Error "Object Not Found"