Program Structure
Author Message
 Program Structure

Hi,

        In the past I have often felt that many people who post
here should try and read the manual, but this time even it has
failed me.

        Can anyone please give me a some info on how to structure
a delphi database program.  I know that this sounds simple but I am
having some problems.  I have, currently, a simple application
that consists of two forms.  One form can call the other one, via a
button.  They both access the same table in a database, but are
looking at the data differently.  I've found examples of what to
do if I want to keep them in sync, 'Database Application
Developer's Guide pages 95-96.  This is not what I want to do.  Do
I have to have a TTable and TDataSource on every form, or can I
share them?  I thought I would have just one of each and then be
able to, easily, access them from the second form.  It hope it is
just that I am missing something easy.  The final app could easily
have 40 forms, so I would like to get it right!

        Thanks in advance for any help, or page numbers!

---
Bob Mallett

Mon, 16 Mar 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Programming structure and principles

2. Suggestions for program structure please!

3. "Structured Programming in Turbo Pascal"

4. Updating database structures with new program versions

5. Define data structure for graph (abstract data structures)

6. How to find unknown structure of databasefile??????

7. modifying database structure from Delphi

8. Updating table structure from code

9. data structure

10. Printing Paradox Table Structures

11. Modifying database table structure

12. Accessing the Informix SQLCA structure