Encrypting and decrypting data
Author Message
 Encrypting and decrypting data

Hi ! I want to encrypt data so that one cannot see the exact content of a
table's fields when DataBase DeskTop is opened. I suppose this should be
done before posting the data to the database. Decrypting the data is done
to allow the user to see the data and not the key used to encrypt the data.

The question is where do I put the code to encrypt and decrypt the data !
I tried putting this code on the BeforePost event handler of the table in
order to encrypt data and I used the AfterOpen event handler to place the
code to decrypt data. But with no result. What event handlers should I use
?

Any suggestions are appreciated !
Thanks in advance !

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Encrypting and decrypting data

Use the OnGetText and OnSetText events of the required table fields

Bye,

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Encrypting and decrypting data

Quote:

> Hi ! I want to encrypt data so that one cannot see the exact content of a
> table's fields when DataBase DeskTop is opened. I suppose this should be
> done before posting the data to the database. Decrypting the data is done
> to allow the user to see the data and not the key used to encrypt the data.

> The question is where do I put the code to encrypt and decrypt the data !
> I tried putting this code on the BeforePost event handler of the table in
> order to encrypt data and I used the AfterOpen event handler to place the
> code to decrypt data. But with no result. What event handlers should I use
> ?

> Any suggestions are appreciated !
> Thanks in advance !

There are two function that is used to display and return
formated text - GetText and SetText.

They provide the best way to intercept the information at the
last possible moment.  They are methods of the TFields.  I set mine
by double clicking the Tquery selecting the field to work on then
selecting the event page in the property editor and assign an
event.

Good Luck - It works well in D3

Regards Railton.....

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Encrypting and decrypting data

Quote:

> > Hi ! I want to encrypt data so that one cannot see the exact content of a
> > table's fields when DataBase DeskTop is opened. I suppose this should be
> > done before posting the data to the database. Decrypting the data is done
> > to allow the user to see the data and not the key used to encrypt the data.

> > The question is where do I put the code to encrypt and decrypt the data !
> > I tried putting this code on the BeforePost event handler of the table in
> > order to encrypt data and I used the AfterOpen event handler to place the
> > code to decrypt data. But with no result. What event handlers should I use
> > ?

> > Any suggestions are appreciated !
> > Thanks in advance !

> There are two function that is used to display and return
> formated text - GetText and SetText.

> They provide the best way to intercept the information at the
> last possible moment.  They are methods of the TFields.  I set mine
> by double clicking the Tquery selecting the field to work on then
> selecting the event page in the property editor and assign an
> event.

> Good Luck - It works well in D3

> Regards Railton.....

i would (of hand) say to encrypt on beforepost of the table and decrypt
on the datachange event of your source

Cheers
Conrad Smith

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Encrypting/Decrypting

2. Encrypt\Decrypt help...

3. Encrypt\Decrypt HELP...

4. Encrypt/Decrypt

5. Encrypt/Decrypt Procedure

6. Encrypting /Decrypting ...

7. Storing RDBMS data in encrypted state?

8. RC4 encrypted data and headers for password validation

9. Encrypting tables or securing *.dbf data.

10. Data encrypting

11. wanted: enc/decrypt programme

12. Encrypting text stored in inidividual database records