Paradox database on Read-only drive
Author Message
 Paradox database on Read-only drive

I want to use some paradox datafiles on a read only drive.
It wont work because the program wants to make a two files "pdoxusrs.lck" and
"paradox.lck".
Is there a way that I can place this files on another drive a working drive?
I have a simular problem with the TQUERY component. When I place my .EXE file on a read
only drive and the program execute an SQL statement the program writes the same 2 files
in the these directory. Thanks for everyone who can help me.

Wed, 15 Jul 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Paradox database on Read-only drive

Quote:
>I want to use some paradox datafiles on a read only drive.
>It wont work because the program wants to make a two files "pdoxusrs.lck" and
>"paradox.lck".
>Is there a way that I can place this files on another drive a working drive?

I remember seeing something about this problem somewhere. I think it was a
fix/patch for the old Paradox Engine to enable having the database files
on a read-only drive (e.g., a CD-ROM). Cannot remember where - sorry!

Quote:
>I have a simular problem with the TQUERY component. When I place my .EXE file on a read
>only drive and the program execute an SQL statement the program writes the same 2 files
>in the these directory. Thanks for everyone who can help me.

At least for the last problem, you can set the PrivateDir property of
the Session object to another directory. By defaul the start-up directory
of the EXE file is used as the value for PrivateDir. Look-up Session in
your on-line help.

HTH

--
 Hallvard Vassbotn  | Falcon AS (a Reuters company)  | Without programmers,

Fri, 17 Jul 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Access Paradox Database in a readonly network directory

2. Reading A Drive

3. DBase files on a readonly drive?

4. Reading the physical sector of hard drive

5. Lock files on a read-only drive

6. Reading network drive with Reportsmith

7. Testing Directory path on read only drive

8. How to read paradox.net/paradox.lck

9. DB4, InstallShield Express, BDE, Paradox on Network Drive?

10. BDE and Paradox files on a network drive!

11. Paradox and Network drives

12. Paradox tables on network drives