cdx indexes, what does the error mean?
Author Message
 cdx indexes, what does the error mean?

Hi,
I am using Delphi2 and work with dbase tables...
When I use the MyTable.AddIndex('MyIndexName','MyField') then I get an
error: "Invalid Index Descriptor in MyTable.cdx"
Usually I only see .mdx files (and error's). I cannot find the reason why
suddenly my table seems to try to make .cdx files...  How do I tell my
system to use .mdx files instead of .cdx files?
Anybody an idea? thanks..

Nico

(please remove the "spamstop" from my e-mail address to reply).

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 cdx indexes, what does the error mean?
Nico,

Use the BDE configuration utility or the Database Desktop to
change the defaults for the Alias from FoxPro to dBase.

Ken
--
Ken White

Clipper Functions for Delphi
http://members.aol.com/clipfunc

Quote:

> Hi,
> I am using Delphi2 and work with dbase tables...
> When I use the MyTable.AddIndex('MyIndexName','MyField') then I get an
> error: "Invalid Index Descriptor in MyTable.cdx"
> Usually I only see .mdx files (and error's). I cannot find the reason why
> suddenly my table seems to try to make .cdx files...  How do I tell my
> system to use .mdx files instead of .cdx files?
> Anybody an idea? thanks..

> Nico

> (please remove the "spamstop" from my e-mail address to reply).

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Mysterious CDX index error

2. Making a new Index: Invalid Index Descriptor (CDX)

3. Delphi 5 , Foxpro CDX Indexes and CLIPPER

4. CDX indices

5. DBF file with CDX index

6. How to create CDX-indexes in Delphi 4?

7. Problem with rebuild index files for ( DBF + CDX )

8. Foxpro CDX indexes in Delphi

9. dBase cdx index

10. BDE and Clipper / CDX index help...Is this natively supported

11. BDE vs FoxPro Tables & CDX indexes

12. Creating MDX and CDX Indexes with Filter Expressions