Extract records to a new DBF Table
Author Message
 Extract records to a new DBF Table

I'm new in delphi programming.
Can someone give me a hint how to copy selected records from a dBase
Table into a new Table. Can this be done via Delphi Database Explorer or
some similar tools.

Regards Dieter

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Extract records to a new DBF Table

Dieter,
Use  Database Desktop & SQL.
Create a new SQL window. In the SQL menu you can determine the output
file/format for your statement.
i.e

SELECT  * FROM "C:\SOME.DBF"

If you set the SQL output properties correctly this will create a new file for
you as requested

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Extract records to a new DBF Table

Hi,
Thank you, this works fine and a database ANSWER.DB was created.
Two new questions:
Where can I define that a dBase table will be created
How can I modify fields of the new table, etc. No decimals in a nummeric
field?
Regards Dieter

Quote:

> Dieter,
> Use  Database Desktop & SQL.
> Create a new SQL window. In the SQL menu you can determine the output
> file/format for your statement.
> i.e

> SELECT  * FROM "C:\SOME.DBF"

> If you set the SQL output properties correctly this will create a new file for
> you as requested

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Extract records to a new DBF Table

: Thank you, this works fine and a database ANSWER.DB was created.
: Two new questions:
: Where can I define that a dBase table will be created
Look through the menus for something like "Query Properties" or
"Answer Table Properties" that will allow you to define the name
of the table to be created,  as well as whether the table type will
be Paradox of dBASE.  You didn't ask, but some other advice: You can
always change the table type after the fact by copying the table,
and giving the destination table a name with a .DBF extension.
Also, if you want to save that table, give it another name, or
else rename it after running the query; tables left in the private
directory with names like ANSWER, DELETED, INSERTED, KEYVIOL, etc.
are automatically deleted at the end of a work session.

: How can I modify fields of the new table, etc. No decimals in a nummeric
: field?
I think you'll have to do that after the query is run.
Right-click on the table's name and choose "restructure."

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Adding record in detail table or create a new master table for it

2. Copying database tables to new tables (haviing new fields)

3. Detail Table Won't Insert New Record!?!?

4. DBF DBF DBF

5. Saving an edited record as a new record

6. copying data from one record to the next when inserting a new record

7. Creating new index file for existing *.dbf

8. Apollo CreateExec problem creating a new .dbf file

9. Pictures in an dbf file and adding new ones

10. New DBF component

11. Deleted DBF records

12. record lock with DBF