Problem using delphi with ORACLE public synonyms
Author Message
 Problem using delphi with ORACLE public synonyms

I got "Table does not exist" when query Oracle public synonym using
Tquery.  This only happen when RequestLive is True.

Normally, I like to have the database tables owned by one account(user).
All application users use their own oracle userid to access database
table through public synonyms.  I hate to hard code the table name with
the table owner in my SQL statement.

Anyone know the solution?

Bob Yeh.

Sat, 25 Jul 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Problem using delphi with ORACLE public synonyms

.

Quote:
> You need to fully qualify the synonym. E.g "PUBLIC.FOOBAR" for a
> public synonym called FOOBAR.
> --

Ebbe,

If I fully qualify the name, it will no longer be a synonym.  The first
part("PUBLIC") in your example will be the table owner name.  I try to
avoid hard coding the owner of the tables.

Bob Yeh.

Mon, 27 Jul 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Problem using delphi with ORACLE public synonyms
I would be happy if "PUBLIC.FOOBAR" would work but even that won't work.
 Does anyone else know how to solve this problem?

Tue, 28 Jul 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Reading synonyms and grants from Oracle via the BDE

2. Oracle Synonyms

3. Oracle Synonyms

4. Oracle Synonyms - No Go

5. How to see Oracle synonyms?

6. Problem using delphi Tmemo with Oracle

7. Problem using Delphi with ORACLE string field

8. Using Delphi Oracle 7 drivers on Oracle 8

9. Personal Oracle 7.2 Win95/Oracle ODBC/Delphi 2.0 Problems

10. problem to solve using numbers in delphi (using Val() and FloatToStrF() )

11. Delphi2 and Delphi4 problems using TBatchMove with ORACLE 8

12. problem selecting BLOBs using RequestLive, Oracle 7.3.3, BDE 3.51, D2