Who knows about fields TDisplayFormat?
Author Message
 Who knows about fields TDisplayFormat?

Quote:

> So how would one enter the string under DisplayFormat property to show
> 99,999,999 and not 9999999?

The answer is '##,###,###'. See the help file topic for FormatFloat to a
complete explanation of how to construct the format string.

odair from brazil.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Who knows about fields TDisplayFormat?

The property DisplayFormat: string is offered when one double clicks
on the TTable component.  The DisplayFormat and EditFormat properties
affect how the field appears when one uses TDBGrids.

How do they expect this DisplayFormat string to be specified exactly?
I want the numbers to appear as 99,999,999 and not 99999999.

I know I can do this with OnGetText() and OnSetText(), but I imagine
the DisplayFormat string would be an easier method if I can get this
to work.

Simple I thought, but the documentation says the string will be
evaluated by FloatToTextFmt. FloatToTextFmt( Buffer: PChar; Value:
Extended;Format: PChar):Integer.

So how would one enter the string under DisplayFormat property to show
99,999,999 and not 9999999?

Matthew       NB SEE BELOW!

N.B.: To email me, please send your message to this email address:

That is my correct address. I do not enter my address in the automatic
header of the newsgroup because this results in junk-email from
email-address-gathering robots. This does seem to work.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Who knows about fields TDisplayFormat?

Quote:

> The property DisplayFormat: string is offered when one double clicks
> on the TTable component.  The DisplayFormat and EditFormat properties
> affect how the field appears when one uses TDBGrids.

> How do they expect this DisplayFormat string to be specified exactly?
> I want the numbers to appear as 99,999,999 and not 99999999.

> I know I can do this with OnGetText() and OnSetText(), but I imagine
> the DisplayFormat string would be an easier method if I can get this
> to work.

> Simple I thought, but the documentation says the string will be
> evaluated by FloatToTextFmt. FloatToTextFmt( Buffer: PChar; Value:
> Extended;Format: PChar):Integer.

> So how would one enter the string under DisplayFormat property to show
> 99,999,999 and not 9999999?

> Matthew       NB SEE BELOW!

> N.B.: To email me, please send your message to this email address:

> That is my correct address. I do not enter my address in the automatic
> header of the newsgroup because this results in junk-email from
> email-address-gathering robots. This does seem to work.
> try using the following

###,###.##

in the displayformat

Cheers
Conrad Smith

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Knowing the value of the cuurent field

2. Knowing if a field has been modified

3. Who knows the best DB Field Access Method?

4. how to know if a field is a primary index field?

5. is there anyway to know which fields in a dataset are modified? (A Delphi 4 Wish)

6. Anyone know of good freeware code for Ascii Text Import

7. Help - Interbase, Driver not known to system

8. Who knows smth about internet online tcp/ip database-servers

9. Knowing if database is on a network drive

10. Query problem: does anyone know?

11. Known 16-bit BDE problems?

12. Do you know...