Interbase stored procedures
Author Message
 Interbase stored procedures

Quote:

>Hi Folks,

>In an effort to educate myself on stored procedures I built a small
>example database with InterBase consisting of a single table with
>a couple of columns. The procedure I whipped up is also very simple
>and does nothing more than retrieving a single column from the
>stored table. This is what it looks like:

>ALTER PROCEDURE TEST RETURNS (Col1 CHAR(25))
>AS

>begin
> for select column_name from test_table into :Col1
> do suspend;
>end

>Obviously when executing this procedure from ISQL I only get the first
>value of the table.

That's correct, when EXECUTING. Interbase has what is called "select
procedure", as is yours. From ISQL, you can type directly:
        select * from test
and you will get all rows from test_table. Isn't that nice and easy?

Quote:
>Therefore, I setup a from and stored procedure component in Delphi.
>However, whenever I activate (Active:=True) the stored procedure
>component delphi returns an error: "Error creating
>cursor handle".  I don't seem to be able to figure it out.

>Ideas anyone ?

In the same state of mind: use a TQuery...

Good luck!

Jasper

PS: please take into consideration
- when replying, I just think I know;
- when asking, be sure that I don't.

Fri, 28 Aug 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Live resultsets from Interbase stored procedure?

2. BLOB FROM DELPHI TO INTERBASE STORED PROCEDURES

3. Creating Interbase Stored Procedure

4. Interbase - stored procedures

5. Interbase Stored Procedures

6. Problem with Interbase Stored Procedure

7. Help w/ this Interbase Stored Procedures

8. Help! Interbase stored procedures causing server failure!

9. Interbase with views or stored procedures.

10. Local Interbase Server - Stored Procedures ?

11. Stored procedure question - Interbase NLM.

12. Interbase with views or stored procedures.