mutiple application simultanuous running important
Author Message
 mutiple application simultanuous running important

Hi I want to run two different application accessing a same database.  When
I start the second application I get an error : "Unable to initialize the
Borland Database Engine" and no connection is made to the database.   MUst I
put some parameters in BDE or what?

Any suggestion is welcome

--
Ing. De Decker Stefaan
Structo nv

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 mutiple application simultanuous running important
You get a 'Unable to initialize the Borland Database Engine' if the BDE is
not properly installed. Are the two applications running on different PCs
(both should have the BDE installed !) ?

Multi-user settings in BDE Administrator:

Configuration | System | INIT | LOCAL SHARE = TRUE
Configuration | Drivers | Native | PARADOX | NET DIR = <path of database on
network>

Quote:
> Hi I want to run two different application accessing a same database.
When
> I start the second application I get an error : "Unable to initialize the
> Borland Database Engine" and no connection is made to the database.   MUst
> put some parameters in BDE or what?

> Any suggestion is welcome

> --
> Ing. De Decker Stefaan
> Structo nv
> Noorweegse kaai 19
> B-8000 Brugge
> Belgium
> tel dir. 050 / 44.43.69
> tel sec. 050 / 44.43.42
> fax 050 / 34.23.89

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 mutiple application simultanuous running important

: Hi I want to run two different application accessing a same database.  When
: I start the second application I get an error : "Unable to initialize the
: Borland Database Engine" and no connection is made to the database.   MUst I
: put some parameters in BDE or what?

Each BDE session must have a unique private directory, which is not
shared with another BDE user or session.  I believe Delphi's default
behavior is to make the executable's directory also the working directory
and private directory as well.  Change this by setting a value for
Session.PrivateDir that is unique for each user AND each database
session.
--
Rick Carter

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. save mutiple writeln's into an array

2. MinValue, DefaultValue and running application

3. Delphi 1 C/S Application Runs Slow On NT Workstation

4. Need help: Cannot get multi-user D3 application running on my network

5. Database backup with active applications running...

6. Reports run really slow under Delphi application

7. Help: Launching ReportSmith run-time from Delphi application

8. BP7 Dos application running under NT

9. Only Allowing One Application to Run

10. Problem running DOS protected mode application in Windows 2000

11. Database application crashes when running off a Novell or NT server

12. Cant run standalone application