Communication between Delphi 2.0 and MS Access
Author Message
 Communication between Delphi 2.0 and MS Access

What do I need to do to be able to communicate with my MS Access database
files.  Please help.

Regards

Hendr

Tue, 22 Sep 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Communication between Delphi 2.0 and MS Access

Quote:

> What do I need to do to be able to communicate with my MS Access database
> files.  Please help.

> Regards

> HendrI am assuming you are talking about the tables in the MS Access database

container.  The reports/queries/forms/macros/Modules are basically for
Access only.

To communicate with a MS Access table via ODBC is possible.  Set up an
ODBC driver and Alias in the BDE to make it work.  I have just posted a
mail with more details in this newsgroup earlier.  If you need more

Will try to help as I have time.

Wed, 23 Sep 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Communication between Delphi 2.0 and MS Access

Quote:
>What do I need to do to be able to communicate with my MS Access database
>files.  Please help.
>Regards
>Hendr

There are a bunch of posts on this topic- look around. But, you need
the new MS ODBC drivers to connect to a 2.0 database, and you need to
use the ODBC administrator and BDE to connect to a 1.0 database.

Mon, 12 Oct 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Accessing Access 2.0 MDBs from Delphi 2.0

2. Delphi 2.0 and MS Access 7.0

3. Deleting a detail record using Delphi 1.0 on a MS Access 2.0 database

4. MS-Access 2.0 and Delphi 3.0 C/S Problem

5. Record number in Ms-Access 2.0 with Delphi 3c/s

6. Using explicit transactions in Delphi 2.0 and Ms Access

7. DELPHI 2.0 AND MS ACCESS

8. Using MS Access 2.0 db's via ODBC from Delphi v1.0 with transactions

9. MS Access 2.0 versus Delphi 3.0

10. Delphi 1.0, ODBC, MS Access 2.0

11. Delphi & MS Access 2.0

12. MS-ACCESS APPLICATIONS TO DELPHI 2.0?