from foxpro DBF to paradox DB
Author Message
 from foxpro DBF to paradox DB

1. want to import from foxpro DBF to paradox DB.
used database desktop but not so easy.
is there any way to convert foxpro DBF to paradox DB or dbase DB.
2. also what is differnat btwn foxpro DBF and dbase DBF's  index.

Tue, 06 Oct 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 from foxpro DBF to paradox DB

Quote:

>1. want to import from foxpro DBF to paradox DB.
>used database desktop but not so easy.
>is there any way to convert foxpro DBF to paradox DB or dbase DB.

A FoxPro database is the same as a dBase database, treat them the same
except for the following.

Quote:
>2. also what is differnat btwn foxpro DBF and dbase DBF's  index

You must ignore the indexes that you have created in FoxPro and
re-create these in dBase format. dBase indexes use a different format
than FoxPro's indexes.

  Steve

+------[Contract Programming - FoxPro/Delphi/Pascal]------+

| P.O. Box 533, Thames       | Fax : +64 7 868-1047       |
| New Zealand.               | Business: 025-487-866      |
+---[Developer for The Trader Series accounting suite]----+

Sat, 10 Oct 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 from foxpro DBF to paradox DB

Quote:

>1. want to import from foxpro DBF to paradox DB.
>used database desktop but not so easy.
>is there any way to convert foxpro DBF to paradox DB or dbase DB.
>2. also what is differnat btwn foxpro DBF and dbase DBF's  index.

Our Apollo DBMS engine for Delphi allows you to use the native Delphi
controls to access Foxpro and Clipper files.  For info, call
909-699-9657.  Amongst a number of smaller inconsistencies, Foxpro
indexes are compact while Dbase index are not.  Sometimes that means
as much as 75% reduction in size.

Jeff Jochum
SuccessWare

Sun, 11 Oct 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 from foxpro DBF to paradox DB

having similar probs with indexing dbase files in delphi. you could
convert to dbase format from foxpro, but the conversion seems to set the
header information to dbase for windows which can't be indexed in the
database desktop..... i would also like to know if you find a rational
solution..
cheers Pete Spearman (not Andy Baiden as the article suggests)

Sun, 13 Dec 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Converting DBF to Paradox DB

2. paradox DB and dbase DBF

3. Accessing FoxPro Win 2.6 DBF's from Delphi

4. Promblems with Apollo 2.0 and conditional indexes (Foxpro 2.6 .DBF)

5. About Sharing Data(Foxpro dbf).

6. Multi-Fields in Master/Detail using Foxpro DBF

7. foxpro *.dbf

8. Accessing Foxpro DBF tables

9. DBF DBF DBF

10. Fail POST record using Provider OLE DB for Visual Foxpro

11. Which is most reliable: DBF, DB, or MDB

12. Deploy error, .db not .dbf