Client Server BDE and Win95
Author Message
 Client Server BDE and Win95

Russell: I am developing under Delphi16(next week we use Delphi32) and
have been using MS-SQL server.  I have only accessed the same database
using more than one database component.  This is necessary for master
detail relationships where the buffer gets broken.  We have forwarded
a copy of many issues about client server to Borland through there
marketing rep.  I don't know if it will have any effect.  Abe
Quote:

> I am using delphi Client-Server (16 Bit) under Windows 95 to connect
> to SYBASE 4.9. I Find that it is impossible to run more than one
> program which accesses Sybase via the Borland Database Engine. Thus it
> is impossible to run eg. Delphi and Database Desktop when both are
> accessing Sybase tables. The error I get is "Unable to connect to
> server. Server is unavailable or does not exist." This has only been a
> problem on Windows 95. The same happens when trying to run more than
> one Delphi application which accesses Sybase.

> I would really appreciate feedback from anybody who is developing
> client-server applications on Delphi. Is this a standard limitation of
> the BDE, or is the problem particular to our situation?

> Thanks in advance for any help.

> Russell Smith

Sun, 30 Aug 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. URGENT : Delphi 1 / Win95 : Client / Server app installation

2. Using Delphi Client/Server with PO7 Win95

3. BDE and SQL Server(client)

4. Delphi BDE client/server installation with ORACLE driver

5. Delphi 1 clients, DB2 on Win NT Server and BDE 2.5x

6. Is BDE/PDox really client/server?

7. CLIENT - SERVER (How many clients?)

8. Client - Server "How many clients?"

9. DELPHI 16 to SYBASE on an NT Server with client and server on same machine

10. Any TCP/IP client/server tutorial for Delphi

11. Suggestions for Client/Server database

12. Q: Delphi 1.0 Client/Server and multirow fetching from Oracle 7.3 Stored Procedures