Minimizing and Maximizing Delphi programs. 
Author Message
 Minimizing and Maximizing Delphi programs.

        I have noticed that programs written with delphi don't display "normal"
behavior when minimized to and maximized from the taskbar. Usually when you
maximize an application the application "explodes" from the taskbar, and
when you minimize an application it "flies" towards the taskbar, Delphi
programs don't do this they just pop up and down with no animation, why? Do
I need to activate something in the form, or is this a bug?
--



WWW:     http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~jpladue              

        -- Goalie for the dart team. --



Wed, 10 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT  
 Minimizing and Maximizing Delphi programs.

On 21 Sep 1996 16:06:56 GMT, "Jean Paul Ladue"

Quote:

>    I have noticed that programs written with Delphi don't display "normal"
>behavior when minimized to and maximized from the taskbar. Usually when you
>maximize an application the application "explodes" from the taskbar, and
>when you minimize an application it "flies" towards the taskbar, Delphi
>programs don't do this they just pop up and down with no animation, why? Do
>I need to activate something in the form, or is this a bug?

That's just the way Delphi works.
--
Ray Lischner, Tempest Software, Corvallis, Oregon, USA
Author of Secrets of Delphi 2 (http://www.tempest-sw.com/secrets/)


Wed, 10 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT  
 Minimizing and Maximizing Delphi programs.

Reposting article removed by rogue canceller.

On 21 Sep 1996 16:06:56 GMT, "Jean Paul Ladue"

Quote:

>    I have noticed that programs written with Delphi don't display "normal"
>behavior when minimized to and maximized from the taskbar. Usually when you
>maximize an application the application "explodes" from the taskbar, and
>when you minimize an application it "flies" towards the taskbar, Delphi
>programs don't do this they just pop up and down with no animation, why? Do
>I need to activate something in the form, or is this a bug?

That's just the way Delphi works.
--
Ray Lischner, Tempest Software, Corvallis, Oregon, USA
Author of Secrets of Delphi 2 (http://www.tempest-sw.com/secrets/)


Wed, 10 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT  
 Minimizing and Maximizing Delphi programs.

Reposting article removed by rogue canceller.

        I have noticed that programs written with Delphi don't display "normal"
behavior when minimized to and maximized from the taskbar. Usually when you
maximize an application the application "explodes" from the taskbar, and
when you minimize an application it "flies" towards the taskbar, Delphi
programs don't do this they just pop up and down with no animation, why? Do
I need to activate something in the form, or is this a bug?
--



WWW:    http://www.lm.com/~jpladue              

        -- Goalie for the dart team. --



Wed, 10 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT  
 Minimizing and Maximizing Delphi programs.

Quote:

>         I have noticed that programs written with Delphi don't display "normal"
> behavior when minimized to and maximized from the taskbar. Usually when you
> maximize an application the application "explodes" from the taskbar, and
> when you minimize an application it "flies" towards the taskbar, Delphi
> programs don't do this they just pop up and down with no animation, why? Do
> I need to activate something in the form, or is this a bug?

There is an excellent article in the Oct '96 issue of Delphi Developer's
Journal http://www.cobb.com/ddj/index.htm on this subject, with samples
of how do do that.


Thu, 11 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT  
 Minimizing and Maximizing Delphi programs.

Quote:

> On 21 Sep 1996 16:06:56 GMT, "Jean Paul Ladue"

> >       I have noticed that programs written with Delphi don't display "normal"
> >behavior when minimized to and maximized from the taskbar. Usually when you
> >maximize an application the application "explodes" from the taskbar, and
> >when you minimize an application it "flies" towards the taskbar, Delphi
> >programs don't do this they just pop up and down with no animation, why? Do
> >I need to activate something in the form, or is this a bug?

> That's just the way Delphi works.

Well, this is 1 in 100000000 Ray's answers which I wouldn't consider
correct/complete :-)

My guess is that the reason for such behavior of Delphi's applications
has something to do with the way Delphi creates the "main" application
window: your main form in Delphi is not the top-level application
window,
Delphi creates a hidden window for the application (it is hidden when
application is in normal/maximized state, but it supplies the icon for
the application in minimized state). When you minimize your main form,
Delphi just hides it and shows another window ("application") in a
minimized state. When you restore it - Delphi hides "application"
window and shows your main form - that's why there is no animation.

---
Mik Kvitchko
MIKSoft, Inc.

http://www.cnj.digex.net/~mik/



Thu, 11 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT  
 Minimizing and Maximizing Delphi programs.

And if you have ever noticed.......  Delphi itself does not do this, not
just the apps written with Delphi.

Jim Scofield



Quote:
> Reposting article removed by rogue canceller.

> On 21 Sep 1996 16:06:56 GMT, "Jean Paul Ladue"

> >       I have noticed that programs written with Delphi don't display "normal"
> >behavior when minimized to and maximized from the taskbar. Usually when
you
> >maximize an application the application "explodes" from the taskbar, and
> >when you minimize an application it "flies" towards the taskbar, Delphi
> >programs don't do this they just pop up and down with no animation, why?
Do
> >I need to activate something in the form, or is this a bug?

> That's just the way Delphi works.
> --
> Ray Lischner, Tempest Software, Corvallis, Oregon, USA
> Author of Secrets of Delphi 2 (http://www.tempest-sw.com/secrets/)



Thu, 18 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT  
 Minimizing and Maximizing Delphi programs.

There are some trick you need to do, let me know if
you need some sample code.
-Ben Ziegler

: And if you have ever noticed.......  Delphi itself does not do this, not
: just the apps written with Delphi.

: Jim Scofield



: > Reposting article removed by rogue canceller.
: >
: > On 21 Sep 1996 16:06:56 GMT, "Jean Paul Ladue"
: >
: > >     I have noticed that programs written with Delphi don't display "normal"
: > >behavior when minimized to and maximized from the taskbar. Usually when
: you
: > >maximize an application the application "explodes" from the taskbar, and
: > >when you minimize an application it "flies" towards the taskbar, Delphi
: > >programs don't do this they just pop up and down with no animation, why?
: Do
: > >I need to activate something in the form, or is this a bug?
: >
: > That's just the way Delphi works.
: > --
: > Ray Lischner, Tempest Software, Corvallis, Oregon, USA
: > Author of Secrets of Delphi 2 (http://www.tempest-sw.com/secrets/)
: >



Fri, 19 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT  
 Minimizing and Maximizing Delphi programs.


Quote:
>Reposting article removed by rogue canceller.
>    I have noticed that programs written with Delphi don't display "normal"
>behavior when minimized to and maximized from the taskbar. Usually when you
>maximize an application the application "explodes" from the taskbar, and
>when you minimize an application it "flies" towards the taskbar, Delphi
>programs don't do this they just pop up and down with no animation, why? Do
>I need to activate something in the form, or is this a bug?
>--


>WWW:        http://www.lm.com/~jpladue              
>    -- Goalie for the dart team. --

More than this... You have not any mean in Delphi to detect if a
window is or not minimized. The TForm's WindowState property can be
used only to detect this fact if you have used it previously to
minimize (restore, maximize) the form, but is useless if you used the
windows icons in the title bar.

Suggestions on solving this? I also need to detect the windows state
in an application, without having to call tha API routines.

Thanks

Orestes



Sat, 20 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT  
 Minimizing and Maximizing Delphi programs.

The Delphi Developer's Journal recently wrote an article on this subject.
You can check it out at:

http://www.cobb.com/ddj/9610/ddj96a2.htm

Brian Weith.



Quote:

> >Reposting article removed by rogue canceller.

> >       I have noticed that programs written with Delphi don't display "normal"
> >behavior when minimized to and maximized from the taskbar. Usually when
you
> >maximize an application the application "explodes" from the taskbar, and
> >when you minimize an application it "flies" towards the taskbar, Delphi
> >programs don't do this they just pop up and down with no animation, why?
Do
> >I need to activate something in the form, or is this a bug?
> >--



> >WWW:   http://www.lm.com/~jpladue              

> >       -- Goalie for the dart team. --

> More than this... You have not any mean in Delphi to detect if a
> window is or not minimized. The TForm's WindowState property can be
> used only to detect this fact if you have used it previously to
> minimize (restore, maximize) the form, but is useless if you used the
> windows icons in the title bar.

> Suggestions on solving this? I also need to detect the windows state
> in an application, without having to call tha API routines.

> Thanks

> Orestes



Sun, 21 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT  
 Minimizing and Maximizing Delphi programs.

This is actually a rather complex function because of the way that Delphi
manages application windows.  Delphi creates an application window which is
the owner of the other windows.  (see TI2778 for more info)  To detect if a
Delphi app is minimized or restored, you need to check the application
window.  To check for maximized, you check the individual windows.  I have
just completed a component which finds any window by name and then
minimizes, maximizes, restores, or closes the window.  It was very
straightforward unless the application was compiled with Delphi, then I had
to locate the application window (Borland Tech assist was of no help

Hope this helps,
Blake

Quote:
> More than this... You have not any mean in Delphi to detect if a
> window is or not minimized. The TForm's WindowState property can be
> used only to detect this fact if you have used it previously to
> minimize (restore, maximize) the form, but is useless if you used the
> windows icons in the title bar.

> Suggestions on solving this? I also need to detect the windows state
> in an application, without having to call tha API routines.

> Thanks

> Orestes



Sun, 21 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT  
 
 [ 12 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. HOW TO MINIMIZE PROGRAM MANAGER FROM WIN APPLICATION ?

2. Maximize a window under Windows

3. Maximized MDI child windows - close/system buttons vanishes in thin air

4. maximize childforms

5. Maximized window

6. Windows 95 Task bar and maximize problem !

7. Run Minimized

8. DataSourceDataChange event fires when form is minimized?

9. Minimizing Interbase Client/Server network traffic

10. Minimize application

11. Minimizing Windows

12. Minimizing to tray

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software