Delphi2-Logical Field True<=>Yes,False<=>No Display 
Author Message
 Delphi2-Logical Field True<=>Yes,False<=>No Display

Hi,

Assuming I have a Logical field in the underlying table, I would
like to display the values of True/False as Yes/No (and vice versa)
in a data-aware component such as DBGRID.

How should I go about doing this?

Thanks for your help in advance. cc: to email address appreciated.

CL
4.22.96 0150 hr sg.
.



Thu, 08 Oct 1998 03:00:00 GMT  
 Delphi2-Logical Field True<=>Yes,False<=>No Display

On zondag 21 april 1996, cllee wrote...

Quote:
> Hi,

> Assuming I have a Logical field in the underlying table, I would
> like to display the values of True/False as Yes/No (and vice versa)
> in a data-aware component such as DBGRID.

> How should I go about doing this?

you could create a domain table for the yes/no field,
and create a view (in SQL or with a TQuery component) that joins your
original table and your domain table
Quote:
> Thanks for your help in advance. cc: to email address appreciated.

> CL
> 4.22.96 0150 hr sg.
> .



Mon, 19 Oct 1998 03:00:00 GMT  
 Delphi2-Logical Field True<=>Yes,False<=>No Display

Quote:

>On zondag 21 april 1996, cllee wrote...
>> Hi,

>> Assuming I have a Logical field in the underlying table, I would
>> like to display the values of True/False as Yes/No (and vice versa)
>> in a data-aware component such as DBGRID.

>> How should I go about doing this?

>you could create a domain table for the yes/no field,
>and create a view (in SQL or with a TQuery component) that joins your
>original table and your domain table
>> Thanks for your help in advance. cc: to email address appreciated.

Alternatively, set the OnGetText event of the field component to return the
text for 'Yes' and 'No' according as the field is true or false.

--

Corpus Christi College, Cambridge University, UK



Tue, 20 Oct 1998 03:00:00 GMT  
 
 [ 3 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. <><><><><><><Does anyone know..........><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

2. <><><> www.FotoCD.net <><><>

3. >>>>> CHEAP and EASY database DESIGNtool <<<<<<

4. :>>>Use mouse in Pascal<<<:

5. <<>> COMPUTER SOFTWARE / HARDWARE <<>>

6. >>>> ~~~ Sound for BPW 7.0 ~~~ <<<<

7. Technical Integration Engineer<<Delphi>>

8. <<HELP>> Re-entrering TSR

9. Setting default printer for tp 7.0 <F>ile <P>rint

10. ==>>COMPUTER HARDWARE / SOFTWARE <<==

11. #<!>JAPAN<!>#

12. HELP!!!!---==>>LINKED LIST<<==--

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software