need help creating tables with BDE
Author Message
 need help creating tables with BDE

Quote:

> I want to be able to create tables during run time. These tables need
> to have the default value parameter set so I can't do it with a SQL
> create or with a ttable.createtable approach. I was told to get the
> BDE handbook and use the BDE calls directly.

> Well, there are no examples at all of anything of this type in the BDE
> manual, just the technical info for each call. I admit I'm a bit lost
> on how to do this. Can ANYONE give any type of code example of
> creating a table with direct BDE calls that will allow me to set the
> default value parameter to an integer value for an integer field?

If you go on the web to delphi Freeware/Shareware sites, there a some
components there that will do this for you.
Ken

Thu, 21 May 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 need help creating tables with BDE
I want to be able to create tables during run time. These tables need
to have the default value parameter set so I can't do it with a SQL
create or with a ttable.createtable approach. I was told to get the
BDE handbook and use the BDE calls directly.

Well, there are no examples at all of anything of this type in the BDE
manual, just the technical info for each call. I admit I'm a bit lost
on how to do this. Can ANYONE give any type of code example of
creating a table with direct BDE calls that will allow me to set the
default value parameter to an integer value for an integer field?

Thu, 21 May 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. BDE creating large tables, URGENT!!,please help

2. Newbie needs Help with BDE access to Text Tables

3. HELP! drop table and create table problems

4. BDE: can't create tables if DBASE level 7

5. Automatically create SQL for creating tables

6. Do Paradox tables needs the BDE?

7. Need help creating lookup

8. Need help creating a component

9. Creating tables in code - Help requested

10. Need help defining auto-incrementing field using TTable.Create

11. Help: Creating indexes on tables at runtime

12. need help on creating an algoritm