SQL error - capability not supported...Why ?
Author Message
 SQL error - capability not supported...Why ?

Hi,

The following SQL code gives the above error when I run the query in D1

SELECT DISTINCT D1.PARTNO, D1.DISCRIP, D1.LASTPRICE,
SUM(D.QTY), SUM(D.UNIT_PR*D.QTY), SUM(D.COST_PR)
                ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
FROM "HISTBODY.DBF" D, "PARTS.DBF" D1

WHERE
(D.TYPE = 'STOCK')
 AND (D1.PARTNO = D.PARTNUM)

GROUP BY  D1.PARTNO, D1.DISCRIP, D1.LASTPRICE
ORDER BY  D1.PARTNO, D1.DISCRIP, D1.LASTPRICE

When I omit the multiplication in line 2 it will run but returns me a
result I wasn't looking for.

Any advice most appreciated
Regards, Ian

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 SQL error - capability not supported...Why ?

Quote:

> Hi,

> The following SQL code gives the above error when I run the query in D1

> SELECT DISTINCT D1.PARTNO, D1.DISCRIP, D1.LASTPRICE,
> SUM(D.QTY), SUM(D.UNIT_PR*D.QTY), SUM(D.COST_PR)
>                 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> FROM "HISTBODY.DBF" D, "PARTS.DBF" D1

> WHERE
> (D.TYPE = 'STOCK')
>  AND (D1.PARTNO = D.PARTNUM)

> GROUP BY  D1.PARTNO, D1.DISCRIP, D1.LASTPRICE
> ORDER BY  D1.PARTNO, D1.DISCRIP, D1.LASTPRICE

> When I omit the multiplication in line 2 it will run but returns me a
> result I wasn't looking for.

> Any advice most appreciated
> Regards, IanI'm not sure which database engine you are using but the sql select

statement does not make sense in Oracle.  You might want to check the
statement.  What exactly do you want to do?

Denis

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 SQL error - capability not supported...Why ?

Quote:

>> Hi,

>> The following SQL code gives the above error when I run the query in D1

>> SELECT DISTINCT D1.PARTNO, D1.DISCRIP, D1.LASTPRICE,
>> SUM(D.QTY), SUM(D.UNIT_PR*D.QTY), SUM(D.COST_PR)
>>                 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>> FROM "HISTBODY.DBF" D, "PARTS.DBF" D1

>> WHERE
>> (D.TYPE = 'STOCK')
>>  AND (D1.PARTNO = D.PARTNUM)

>> GROUP BY  D1.PARTNO, D1.DISCRIP, D1.LASTPRICE
>> ORDER BY  D1.PARTNO, D1.DISCRIP, D1.LASTPRICE

>> When I omit the multiplication in line 2 it will run but returns me a
>> result I wasn't looking for.

>> Any advice most appreciated
>> Regards, Ian
>I'm not sure which database engine you are using but the sql
>select statement does not make sense in Oracle.  You might want to

check the statement.  What exactly do you want to do?

Hello Dennis,

I'm using the BDE (Delphi1) and the statement was generated by the
Database desktop 5.1. It works fine without the multiplication part
"SUM(D.UNIT_PR*D.QTY)" and it totals the three fields as planned. The
purpose of the multiplication part is to multiply the 2 fields before
totalling them. The statement does work with Delphi 3 but in Delphi 1 I
get the capability not supported error.

Regards, Ian

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Capability Not supported.....why not?

2. sql capability not supported error

3. Capability Not Supported Error

4. Error: 'Capability not supported'

5. A Query and Capability not supported error

6. SQL capability not supported

7. TQuery SQL statement "Capability Not Supported"

8. capability not supported

9. capability not supported

10. Capability Not Supported, Delphi 4, Oracle 8

11. "capability not supported" w/MSAccess DB

12. Capability not supported - runtime only???