Boolean RANGE
Author Message
 Boolean RANGE

Hi there,

The SetRangeStart & ApplyRange methods of the TTable component
work with indexed fields only.  Is there a way that I can limit
a range using a boolean field?

e.g.

  Table1.SetRangeStart;
  Table1IsClient.AsBoolean := True;
  Table1.ApplyRange;

According to the manual, only the SQL databases can use
other fields.  So how can one do this with a single Paradox
table?

Any suggestions!

Regards

Anton

Thu, 17 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Boolean RANGE

Hi there,

The SetRangeStart & ApplyRange methods of the TTable component
work with indexed fields only.  Is there a way that I can limit
a range using a boolean field?

e.g.

  Table1.SetRangeStart;
  Table1IsClient.AsBoolean := True;
  Table1.ApplyRange;

According to the manual, only the SQL databases can use
other fields.  So how can one do this with a single Paradox
table?

Any suggestions!

Regards

Anton

Thu, 17 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Boolean RANGE

Use TQuery component, works fine with ANY table:

Query1.SQL := 'Select * from "table1.DB" where IsClient='Y';
Query1.Open;

Quote:

> The SetRangeStart & ApplyRange methods of the TTable component
> work with indexed fields only.  Is there a way that I can limit
> a range using a boolean field?

> According to the manual, only the SQL databases can use
> other fields.  So how can one do this with a single Paradox
> table?

Thu, 17 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Boolean RANGE

Quote:

> Hi there,
> The SetRangeStart & ApplyRange methods of the TTable component
> work with indexed fields only.  Is there a way that I can limit
> a range using a boolean field?
> e.g.
>   Table1.SetRangeStart;
>   Table1IsClient.AsBoolean := True;
>   Table1.ApplyRange;

IF you always want to access Table1IsClient for either TRUE or FALSE,
and never want to access it for both at the same time,

and

IF Table1 is not already a detail table linked to a master table,

THEN you could define a second daset containing only the records TRUE
and FALSE, use it as the master, select one or the other record, and
link Table1 to it.  This would limit the Table1 results to either TRUE
or FALSE records.

This is not a pretty solution, but it may be an effective one in some
circumstances.

Howard Kaplan
Toronto, Ontario

Thu, 17 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Boolean in SQL with Paradox DB

2. boolean question

3. Q: Does Interbase have a boolean variable?

4. MSAccess97 boolean fields being returned as smallints??

5. Interbase, Boolean types, and dbCheckBox

6. SQL-Typecasting to boolean ?

7. Boolean Variables

8. Boolean

9. Help, I'm Stuck in Boolean Reality