Help! Paradox file sharing error
Author Message
 Help! Paradox file sharing error

I'm trying to implment a simple Paradox table sharing database on a
Win 3.11 network, using delphi 1.

I get the following error:
        "Multiple .NET files in use. File H:\pdoxusrs.lck. Table
        H:\test1.db

The error occurs if an application is accessing a table within the
windows shared directory, followed by another application accessing
any table within the previously mentioned shared directory. WHY?

I have BDE configured to have both NET DIR commands point to the
shared directory, containing the paradox tables in question.

        Dana

Wed, 03 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Help! Paradox file sharing error

Dana Shook) says:

Quote:

>I'm trying to implment a simple Paradox table sharing database on a
>Win 3.11 network, using Delphi 1.

>I get the following error:
>        "Multiple .NET files in use. File H:\pdoxusrs.lck. Table
>        H:\test1.db

>The error occurs if an application is accessing a table within the
>windows shared directory, followed by another application accessing
>any table within the previously mentioned shared directory. WHY?

>I have BDE configured to have both NET DIR commands point to the
>shared directory, containing the paradox tables in question.

>        Dana

Close down your application, delete the pdoxusrs.lck file and try again.
See the Borland Tech Note TI-2817 "Understanding the PARADOX.NET file
with the BDE" for detailed info on setting up the BDE. It
specifically addresses the "Multiple Paradox net file found" error.

Cheers.. Bruce Caron

Thu, 04 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Help! Paradox file sharing error

Quote:

> I'm trying to implment a simple Paradox table sharing database on a
> Win 3.11 network, using Delphi 1.

> I get the following error:
>         "Multiple .NET files in use. File H:\pdoxusrs.lck. Table
>         H:\test1.db

> The error occurs if an application is accessing a table within the
> windows shared directory, followed by another application accessing
> any table within the previously mentioned shared directory. WHY?

> I have BDE configured to have both NET DIR commands point to the
> shared directory, containing the paradox tables in question.

>         Dana

I may be wrong but I read somewhere that all your users must also have
the same filepath to the fileserver. I remember reading that all users
must have the same drive letter (disk partition number ?).

I share budget data with my management, but they all are using drive T:
as the drive letter connected to the fileserver. I also point their
individual BDE .net paths to the same .net file (all with the same path
name and drive letter)

I do not know if you have tried/done this ?

Hope this helps !

Tian Olivier
TV News : Management Accountant
South African Broadcasting Corporation

Tue, 09 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Help! Paradox file sharing error

Yes it is true that the Net file (PDOXUSRS.NET) needs to located by the
same drive letter on each machine that wants to access the database.

Also make sure that there is only one PDOXUSRS.NET file on this drive, or
you could also get this message.

--==<Markus>==--

Quote:

> > I'm trying to implment a simple Paradox table sharing database on a
> > Win 3.11 network, using Delphi 1.

> > I get the following error:
> >         "Multiple .NET files in use. File H:\pdoxusrs.lck. Table
> >         H:\test1.db

> > The error occurs if an application is accessing a table within the
> > windows shared directory, followed by another application accessing
> > any table within the previously mentioned shared directory. WHY?

Thu, 11 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Copying files - Traping file sharing error

2. Copying files - Traping file sharing error

3. Share-Error with Paradox Tables

4. Problem Sharing PARADOX tables via shared directory on server

5. D2 and sharing Paradox files

6. Sharing with old Paradox files

7. share a paradox file between a delphi app and another app

8. URGENT - Lock file grown too large - error using Paradox files

9. Bad file number errors using Paradox files on NT

10. Needed Help with a Share Violation Error

11. Help! Sharing Paradox tables in multi-user system

12. Foxpro RUNning Pascal - problem in sharing files - HELP!