directory is busy
Author Message
 directory is busy

Hey All,

I have Paradox database and I try to open it
in two applications same time.
I open it in first application and then try
in the second. But no success and I get
message "directory is busy"
What should I do ?

Thu, 29 Apr 2004 17:09:50 GMT
 directory is busy

Quote:
> Hey All,

> I have Paradox database and I try to open it
> in two applications same time.
> I open it in first application and then try
> in the second. But no success and I get
> message "directory is busy"
> What should I do ?

Both programs use the same private directory, thus the conflict.
You must programmaticall assign a different direcory for
each program in Session.PrivateDir

PR

Thu, 29 Apr 2004 21:00:19 GMT
 directory is busy
{1}  Each user must have its own "Private Directory," typically a folder
on their own machine.  This directory gets locked while in use.

{2}  BDE must be configured on each machine with the same "NET FILE DIR"
and should also have "LOCAL SHARE = TRUE."

Quote:

> Hey All,

> I have Paradox database and I try to open it
> in two applications same time.
> I open it in first application and then try
> in the second. But no success and I get
> message "directory is busy"
> What should I do ?

> ChimneySweep(R):  Release 4.0 is here!!

Fri, 30 Apr 2004 23:52:45 GMT
 directory is busy

Quote:

> {2}  BDE must be configured on each machine with the same "NET FILE DIR"
> and should also have "LOCAL SHARE = TRUE."

The Net File Dir must not only be physically the same one it must also have
exactly the same name (including drive letter, if any) on all workstations
except the one on which the directory resides (in which case all directory
specifications must include the root of the drive). IOW if one workstation
uses "X:\SomeDirectory\TheDatabase" for the Net File Dir, then all
workstations have to use "X:\SomeDirectory\TheDatabase".

Sat, 01 May 2004 03:02:35 GMT
 directory is busy
In an article about "directory is busy", Bruce Roberts
Quote:

>The Net File Dir must not only be physically the same one it must also have
>exactly the same name (including drive letter, if any) on all workstations
>except the one on which the directory resides (in which case all directory
>specifications must include the root of the drive). IOW if one workstation
>uses "X:\SomeDirectory\TheDatabase" for the Net File Dir, then all
>workstations have to use "X:\SomeDirectory\TheDatabase".

Can this be a UNC-style path, rather than a drive-mapping ?

--

            >>>        ICQ 392790    IRC Gibby        <<<
Drew ;^)   >>>   http://www.thegibsons.demon.co.uk   <<<

Sat, 01 May 2004 15:52:59 GMT
 directory is busy

Quote:
> In an article about "directory is busy", Bruce Roberts

> >The Net File Dir must not only be physically the same one it must
also have
> >exactly the same name (including drive letter, if any) on all
workstations
> >except the one on which the directory resides (in which case all
directory
> >specifications must include the root of the drive). IOW if one
workstation
> >uses "X:\SomeDirectory\TheDatabase" for the Net File Dir, then all
> >workstations have to use "X:\SomeDirectory\TheDatabase".

> Can this be a UNC-style path, rather than a drive-mapping ?

Yes, it can. Except that none of the supplied tools (D5) can
handle them. You still need mapped drives for them.

PR

Sun, 02 May 2004 01:09:19 GMT
 directory is busy

Quote:

> > Can this be a UNC-style path, rather than a drive-mapping ?

I recommend it.

Quote:

> Yes, it can. Except that none of the supplied tools (D5) can
> handle them. You still need mapped drives for them.

I've found that one can type in a UNC in the BDE Administration, provided
one doesn't try to use the browse (ellipses) button on the field.

Mon, 03 May 2004 04:08:27 GMT
 directory is busy

Quote:

> > > Can this be a UNC-style path, rather than a drive-mapping ?

> I recommend it.

> > Yes, it can. Except that none of the supplied tools (D5) can
> > handle them. You still need mapped drives for them.

> I've found that one can type in a UNC in the BDE Administration,
provided
> one doesn't try to use the browse (ellipses) button on the field.

I am not much for typing if I can pick something from a list.
Also, if I remember right there were some claims from somewhere
that using UNC notation is slower than using mapped drives. May
just be rumours or impressions though.

PR

Mon, 03 May 2004 12:32:24 GMT

1. Directory Is Busy Error, Please Help.

2. "Directory Busy" BDE error

3. EDBEngineError - Directory is busy

4. EDBEngineError - "Directory is Busy"

5. "Directory is busy" BDE/VCL error

6. Table full / directory is busy error

7. directory is busy?

8. Directory is Busy

9. How Copy 1 Directory with Sub Directory

10. Table busy

11. Table busy problem ...

12. Changing the god-awful SQL busy cursor...