BDE Installs.
Author Message
 BDE Installs.

Hi,

I vaguely recall reading somewhere recently of an Install program for the
BDE that could be customised AND was approved by Borland, any leads?

Duncan.

Mon, 16 Mar 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 BDE Installs.
I read a post on Compuserve this morning from Robert Salesas 76625,1320 of
Eschalon Development Inc.. He states that they created a Borland-approved
setup program and it's in the BPascal Compuserve library as ESETUP.EXE. I'm
not sure if it's what you want but you might try a search for a file with a
name like that in the net archive sites or send Robert an email.

Ken

Quote:
>Hi,

>I vaguely recall reading somewhere recently of an Install program for the
>BDE that could be customised AND was approved by Borland, any leads?

>Duncan.

Wed, 18 Mar 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 BDE Installs.

Quote:
>Hi,

I have been using Bill Whites Yoosful (formally TInstall) components to
write an installation program. Although the components do not include a BDE
installation component it is very easy to build one with the components (a
few minutes). Doing thing this way also saves on distribution disk space
when using the built in ZIP support. Instead of three disks I just need
two.
The components also handle aliases, ini files, file/windows groups, report
smith connections and anything else you might need.

I haven't actually distributed anything using this method as it is unclear
to me whether this is allowed or not. Borland seem to on the one hand state
that you must use there installation program and on the other hand
'reccommend' that you use there installation program.

The TInstall components can be found on various sites on the net and in the
Compuserve Delphi form. Registration is $60 and in my opinion well worth
it.

Chris

Quote:
>I vaguely recall reading somewhere recently of an Install program for the
>BDE that could be customised AND was approved by Borland, any leads?

>Duncan.

Chris Gallacher
Centre for Japanese Studies / Dept. Of Sinology
University of Leiden
P.O.Box 9515
NL 2300 RA Leiden
fax +31-71-272215
tel +31-71-272777/272608

Tue, 24 Mar 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. BDE install conflicts with previously installed BDE

2. Install Shield and BDE Install

3. BDE INSTALL WITH Install shield 5 HELP!

4. BDE install

5. 16-bit BDE install zaps WIN.INI run=

6. BDE Install Directory - Help !!!!!

7. BDE install! HELP

8. BDE install ??

9. BDE-Install to big!

10. Help: BDE install without installation-prog.

11. 16-bit BDE Install

12. Difference(s) in BDE install ?