D3.02 - Cached Updates question
Author Message
 D3.02 - Cached Updates question

Hi,

I have an app which use cached update on query's.

If, for example, on and empty table, I insert two identical
rows in my dataset, thus creating a primary key violation
when I apply the updates using the database applyupdates
method.  And Delphi/BDE gives me the usual messagebox
telling me that I have a exception on a primary key
violation.

So far, everything is fine.

I now want to trap that exception and generate my own
warning to the user.  To do that I'm using the traditionnal
TRY and EXCEPT structure.

The problem is that even with the TRY/EXCEPT structure
I'm still getting the generic messagebox for the primary
violation, then I get my own warning.

How can I disable the default messagebox warning?

Should it not work properly using the TRY/EXCEPT?

Anybody has any suggestions?

Thank you all in advance!

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 D3.02 - Cached Updates question

OnUpdateError!!!!!!

Thank you!

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 D3.02 - Cached Updates question

Quote:
>Hi,

>I have an app which use cached update on query's.

>If, for example, on and empty table, I insert two identical
>rows in my dataset, thus creating a primary key violation
>when I apply the updates using the database applyupdates
>method.  And Delphi/BDE gives me the usual messagebox
>telling me that I have a exception on a primary key
>violation.

>So far, everything is fine.

>I now want to trap that exception and generate my own
>warning to the user.  To do that I'm using the traditionnal
>TRY and EXCEPT structure.

>The problem is that even with the TRY/EXCEPT structure
>I'm still getting the generic messagebox for the primary
>violation, then I get my own warning.

>How can I disable the default messagebox warning?

>Should it not work properly using the TRY/EXCEPT?

>Anybody has any suggestions?

>Thank you all in advance!

The standard error message of delphi is shown when delphi is running and the
Tools/Environment setting break on exception is set to true.

Trapping errors on posting records is easier done by using the OnPostError for
TQuery or the OnReconcileError for TClientDataset.

Robert van Hoornaar
Software Engineer KTI BV

May the Source be With You

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 D3.02 - Cached Updates question

D3.02 ????????????????????????????

What's that ?
I've just learned that a 3.01 delphi version is out and somone speak
soon about 3.02 !!!!

Does I buy 3.02 version (as for 3.01) or is there any patch somewhere ?

Fran?ois Delaby.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 D3.02 - Cached Updates question

Quote:

> I've just learned that a 3.01 delphi version is out and somone speak
> soon about 3.02 !!!! Does I buy 3.02 version (as for 3.01) or is there
> any patch somewhere ?

There is a free patch available at Borland's site, which upgrades Delphi
from version 3.01 (not from 3.0) to 3.02.

--
Jovan Bulajic
Belgrade, Yugoslavia

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Cached Updates QUESTION: Sorting table of updated and non-updated records

2. D3 Cached Updates & Memos

3. Cached updates question

4. Cached update question

5. "Update Failed" With Cache Update

6. Access to an MsAccess dataBase with Delphi3.02

7. BUG in BPWs Workshop v1.02 !!!

8. Borland Bitmap BUG in BPWs Workshop v1.02

9. clpb mini-FAQ v1.02

10. clpb mini-FAQ v1.02

11. SQL Anywhere 5.0.02 and Stored Procedures struggle

12. sharing BDE between Delphi3 and BC5.02/idapi