XBase Type Commands?
Author Message
 XBase Type Commands?

     I do a lot of my database application programming under
Visual Foxpro. I enjoy then devolpment environment but abhor
the speed of the exe's which rank somewhere between a slug and
a pregnant turtle.
Anyway, I've been considering using delphi for my applications.
I've looked at it briefly and liked what I saw; however, I'm
concerned about built in XBase commands that might not be
available in Delphi. For example Foxpro's gather(), scatter(),
and list to print. Are the common commands already built into
Delphi or are there Xbase add-on's which adds this
functionality?

Muad'Dib.

Fri, 22 May 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 XBase Type Commands?
I also have done some writing in VFP and our database shop is
abandoning it for the same resons.  We are looking at adopting
Delphi -- alot of the commands that were used in the foxpro
world are unnessasary when writing in delphi.  if you are tied
to the xBase syntax, look at the Apollo drivers by Successware

Mon, 25 May 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 XBase Type Commands?

Quote:

>Anyway, I've been considering using Delphi for my applications.
>I've looked at it briefly and liked what I saw; however, I'm
>concerned about built in XBase commands that might not be
>available in Delphi. For example Foxpro's gather(), scatter(),
>and list to print. Are the common commands already built into
>Delphi or are there Xbase add-on's which adds this
>functionality?

I have a product in development right now called Xphiles which fits
the bill.  Let me know if you'd like further information on it
e-mailed to you.

jfk

jfk
John F. Kaster
Interface Technologies, Inc.
503 Camino Real
Redondo Beach, CA 90277-3817 USA
310.540.5497 Voice
310.540.2537 Fax/BBS
71510,3321 CompuServe
Makers of TechWriter, Grok, Grumpfish Menu, and Guide++

Wed, 27 May 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 XBase Type Commands?
Does it help you access Foxpro Tables?  I would be interested
in it if it does

Carl Hewitt

Thu, 28 May 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. changing real type data to word type

2. Money field type same as Currency data type??

3. numeric field type same as float type??

4. Types and Type-casting ...

5. Combined indexes (date-type +char type)?

6. Looking for tech info on xBase formats

7. Are you an old Clipper or Xbase programmer?

8. xBase table structures?

9. Free XBase Xplorer Update Available

10. From xbase to Delphi

11. Looking for R&R Report Writer Xbase Edition, Version 6/DOS

12. From Xbase to Delphi