Problem with Datetime Field with SQL SELECT
Author Message
 Problem with Datetime Field with SQL SELECT

I'm developping in delphi 1 with Paradox Table and LANGDRIVER
Parameters Paradox 'intl'.

I have a problem with sql local query on data field.

In the table the datafield are stored with italian format dd/mm/yy,
and the expression

select * from table where datafield >= :=parameter

Params[0].AsDateTime := Value

doesen't select the proper record even changing from italian to
american

the format of comparaison value (When this in italian format I get
GPFault
error 'is not datetime')

The result of the query part of values of datafield present in where
expression
appear in american format mm\dd\yy.

Any idea about working around this problem.

Thanks in advance.

Mon, 09 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Problem with Datetime Field with SQL SELECT

Hi,

In my applications I'm doing the same things as you do, but I don't seem
to have any problem.

Maybe some advises :

1 Use dd/mm/YYYY-format
2 Check your International properties in Control Panel (use also there
dd/mm/yyyy)
3 Check your Database Engine Configuration and put any date-parameter
like all other date-parameters.

Hope this will help.

Hans Demedts

Kredietbank
Belgium.

Tue, 10 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. SQL Queries against a DateTime Field

2. help:Delphi C/S 2.01 + BDE 3.5 + SQL 6.5 can't modify datetime field

3. datetime fields problem on ORACLE

4. Problem with DATETIME fields on ORACLE platform

5. MS SQL DateTime problem

6. HELP! SQL and datetime problem

7. Problem with DateTime through SQL Statement

8. A curly SQL SELECT problem

9. BDE: Problems with SQL-Select and dBase-Indexes

10. Problem with other db app preventing me from doing SQL selects thru ODBC

11. SQL SELECT problem

12. Problem with PDox SQL-SELECT