BDE Install fails on some users machines, why?
Author Message
 BDE Install fails on some users machines, why?

Twice now users have tried to install the BDE on their respective
machines only to have the BDE install program fail with the message below:

"Cannot execute install.exe (or one of its components)
Check to insure that all components (instxtra.pak) are available"

Yet I have installed the BDE on a dozen other machines, from the same
files, and it works fine.  Unfortunately the two machines it fails on are
not anywhere near me, geographically speaking, so there is no way I can do
a detailed analysis of why the BDE installation fails.  As I said, it has
so far failed on only these two machines and not any others.  Anybody have
any idea why the BDE is failing to install?

It sounds like it is missing a DLL, but which one?  All of the install
files are present as far as I can determine and the user has plenty of
hard drive space for the install.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sat, 25 Jul 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 BDE Install fails on some users machines, why?
I have tried to install BDE in a LAN environment without success.
This machine gets its Win31 from LAN and the user cannot write to LAN's
windows and windows/system directories. The user has a small local win31
directory.

How can I install BDE in that environment? This is very important for me.

You can email me directly:

Pekka H. Martikainen
Telecom Finland Ltd
Telemedia/production support
Helsinki, Finland

Mon, 27 Jul 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Problem installing BDE on another machine

2. How to install BDE on client machine ?

3. BDE merge fails on Delphi4 install

4. BDE install conflicts with previously installed BDE

5. Install Shield and BDE Install

6. Getting BDE to work after using Install Shield to Install My App

7. BDE INSTALL WITH Install shield 5 HELP!

8. Installing BDE using Wise install v4

9. Set Term fails during ISQL session Why?

10. restructuring a paradox table on user's machine

11. New user tries and fails

12. BDE Alias's and new installs of the BDE