Newbie: How do I read a database?
Author Message
 Newbie: How do I read a database?

Hello,

I'm working on a project which extents an excisting delphi program. I don't
have the source code of this program. I need to read from the databases of
this program, but I don't know what kind of database this is. Since I don't
know anything of databases and Delphi I used a program to see what DLL
modules this program uses. I found out it used DBCLIENT.DLL (Borland
Database Engine). The database files are in CDS format, but I think this is
not a correct extension.

My questions:

1. How can I find out which database type this is?
2. Is there a way to edit this database? Or do I need more info on the
structure of these files?

Any help would be appreciated,

Peter.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Doing a search in a one to many database

2. Help doing database stuff with Delphi

3. Doing Math with the Database

4. Read-only floppy disks [newbie]

5. newbie question - reading from keyboard really slow

6. Newbie trouble - Please read

7. Newbie...help on ReadLn...Read data

8. Reading a Set Record??? (newbie)

9. Newbie with databases: data entry with MySQL

10. Newbie Looking for info on D2 Database development

11. Database/Field Attributes for a Newbie

12. Newbie Question: Can't get access to Access Database