Assigning Null to a TStringField ?
Author Message
 Assigning Null to a TStringField ?

I try to store a record that contains a foreign key on a string field.
Normally in SQL,
assigning NULL to this field is correct. When assigning Null in delphi with

        MyTable.FieldByName('MyField).Value := Null

        or with the line

        MyTable.FieldByName('MyField).Clear

and then testing with:

        MyTable.FieldByName('MyField).IsNull

returns False !!!

Do anyone know how to assign Null to a TStringField from within Delphi ?

Thanks in advance,
Joaquin Villar

Wed, 26 May 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. assign null to AsDateTime parameter

2. How can I assign NULL to TDateTime Field?

3. TStringField and calculating problem

4. CL - increase length of tStringField

5. TStringField.GetValue trouble

6. Creating descendant from TStringField

7. TStringField.OnGetText

8. Converting a TStringField to upper case

9. How to inherit from TStringField

10. Why oh Why ? If you assign spaces to a string field the field becomes NULL ?

11. Assigning recordset to dbgrid

12. Assigning referential integrity in InterBase using DatabaseDeskt