Problem with Interbase Stored Procedure
Author Message
 Problem with Interbase Stored Procedure

Correction to what I wrote about my stored procedure problem...

With regard to the TQuery, I should have said that when I run it as
follows:
        TQueryName.prepare;
        TQueryName.Params[0].AsString := CustomerCode;
        TQueryName.ExecSQL;
        TQueryName.unprepare;
Remember, the TQuery is:

Quote:
>    INSERT INTO TempInterest (IntCode)
>    SELECT IntCode
>    FROM Interest
>    WHERE NameCode = :CustCode

Afterwards, when I try to open the TempInterest table, I get the same
deadlock problem as with the stored procedure:
Quote:
>    Project NAME.EXE raised exception class EDBEngineError with message
>    "A deadlock was detected.deadlock." Process stopped. Use step or run
>    to continue.

At least I am consistent !!!

Sorry if I wasted anyone's time by my error my original question.

Regards,
Richard
Richard Proudfoot               "Think of the end before the beginning"
19 Torrens Place                                    - Leonardo da Vinci
Cherrybrook, NSW 2126

Within Australia: Tel (02) 484 0936   From Overseas: Tel (612) 484 0936
                  Fax (02) 484 9833                  Fax (612) 484 9833

Sat, 05 Sep 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Problem with Interbase Stored Procedure

Quote:
>My problem occurs AFTER I run this procedure from within my Delphi2
>program. When my program tries to open the table 'TempInterest' I get
>the following message:
>    Project NAME.EXE raised exception class EDBEngineError with message
>    "A deadlock was detected.deadlock." Process stopped. Use step or run
>    to continue.

The deadlock message is sometimes received if you have an uncommitted
transaction on the target table from a previous procedure or process.
The current procedure may be just fine.

Also you may have to wrap all stored procedures with transaction
starts and commits.  I do not believe they commit themselves.

Sun, 06 Sep 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Live resultsets from Interbase stored procedure?

2. BLOB FROM DELPHI TO INTERBASE STORED PROCEDURES

3. Interbase with views or stored procedures.

4. Creating Interbase Stored Procedure

5. Local Interbase Server - Stored Procedures ?

6. Stored procedure question - Interbase NLM.

7. Interbase - stored procedures

8. Interbase with views or stored procedures.

9. Dynamic WHERE clause in Stored Procedures within INTERBASE ?

10. Granting Interbase privledges from within a stored procedure

11. Interbase Stored Procedures

12. Interbase stored procedures