D3 : How to free the resources... NEED SOME HELP!!
Author Message
 D3 : How to free the resources... NEED SOME HELP!!

Hi all...
first i wanna say thx to all of you who have helped me with my little Database prob!!!! My
program is nearing completion now... but there is one more prob i need to solve!!!!
My programm uses a lot of forms (and that is A LOT!!) on a 16 MB RAM machine.. if you uses
all the functions of the programm all the resources go down to 15% - 20%..... if i free
all the forms the mmmm... "gebruikersbronnen".. that would be... "user-resources" goes
back up to 80% - 90% but the systemresources and the GDI-resources stay down to 30%...
so when you try to run another program after it.... it hangs!!!....
Could anyone tell me how to free the GDI-resources and Systemresources to?!?!?!?!?!?
TIA
--
Arjen
You never know who's right... but you always know who's in charge.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 D3 : How to free the resources... NEED SOME HELP!!

Quote:

> My programm uses a lot of forms (and that is A LOT!!) on a 16 MB RAM machine.. if you uses
> all the functions of the programm all the resources go down to 15% - 20%..... if i free

 so when you try to run another program after it.... it hangs!!!....

Hallo Arjen,

If you really use THAT much forms, you might consider creating/freeing
them dynamically. After all, a user can only read/see one or two forms
at the time.  A further point to give attention is the number and type
of components you put on the forms.  If you really overdo it, Windows
may run out of handles (to manage windows, brushes, pens, memory), even
with 200Megs of RAM!

Regards,
Dirk.

Dirk Claessens|Agfa-Belgium|Instrumentation Dpt.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Free Delphi Resource, 1,000+ Delphi Apps for Free

2. Help: Free resources drop to 0%!?

3. System Resources Free in Win95

4. Need help: Cannot get multi-user D3 application running on my network

5. I need some serious help with D3 and QReport 2.0K

6. Need help from "Free Pascal" users

7. Need help porting function to Free Pascal

8. Need help porting function to Free Pascal

9. free idsoftware front-end program in pascal--need help - idgames.pas [1/1]

10. free idsoftware front-end program in pascal--need help - idgames.pas [1/1]

11. Need worked1-5.dll files for Borderland Resource Workshop!!Need worked1-5.dll files for Borderland Resource Workshop!!