master detail post command
Author Message
 master detail post command

I have a master-detail form with fields from the master table
and a dbgrid for the detail table. I have a foreign key constrataint
on the detail table linking to the master table.

Entering data in the form works fine, but when I enter a record in the
dbgrid and scroll down to create another row in the dbgrid I get a
constraint error. This is correct because the program tries to
insert a record in the detail table while the master table isn't
updated.

Now i created a beforepost event on the detail table and try to call
the master postmethod from that but unfortunately this won't work. It
looks like delphi refuses the whole post command. When I look in the
SQL monitor I see no activity to the master table. While there is an
insert into the detail that ofcourse fails.

Please help....

TTYL Andre

                      Windows 95 - Plug'n'Pray
Andre Broers               |Telephone : +31-50-5851955
PTT Telecom B.V.           |Telefax   :

Postbus 188                |DISCLAIMER: This statement is not an official
Groningen                  |statement from, nor does it represent
The Netherlands            |an official position of, PTT Telecom B.V.

Sun, 20 Dec 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Master\Detail posting

2. master detail post problem

3. Master/Detail Posting

4. Solution for Post Problem with Master/Detail

5. Master-master-detail

6. Master-Detail : Sorting Detail?

7. Master - Detail - Detail queries & DBGrids

8. Setting report variables in the detail of a ReportSmith master-detail report

9. Master-detail-detail-detial with Cascade delete

10. Master/Detail lookup - losing detail field

11. Newbie - updating Detail in master-detail

12. HELP: Master-detail form: sequence of detail records