ABORT A LONG QUERY BEFORE IT FINISH
Author Message
 ABORT A LONG QUERY BEFORE IT FINISH

Hi Larry,

Quote:

> Anybody knowns a easyway to stop a stop a query before it finished.
> It is very userful to terminate along query. but so far I can't think
> of any eay way to do it. I do think about that I could creat a new
> thread to run query and leave the interface active. also I try to do
> something
> about BDE API call back function. but I still think delphi should
> take care of it.

This is easy to do via ODBC. If you want to have a working *properly*

details if you're interested...

As far as Delphi taking care of it, remember that this is a server-based
function and unless the server database API provides this functionality
it cannot be done.

Regards,

Rob
--
Rob McGillivray
Manager: Client/server Software Development

Fri, 23 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. ABORT A LONG QUERY BEFORE IT FINISH

2. Operation Aborted (TQuery, SQL, Cached Updates) - Bit Long -

3. Aborting MS SQL queries

4. How do I abort a Query in Paradox?

5. Aborting select queries.

6. Aborting Queries

7. How to abort a query while executing ?

8. Help with long strings as query parameters

9. Long SQL queries

10. Long queries

11. Long queries and progress or SOMETHING...Geezzzzz...Can SOMEONE help me out here

12. Help w/ long query