Newbie Info
Author Message
 Newbie Info

Need some advice.  We are doing a system that should be able to
process data from one of three different databases: Informix,
Oracle, and Access.  I've found a driver that works for Access
(so far), and we haven't tried the other two yet.  The question
revolves around this:  From everything I've read here, Access
and delphi don't mix much better than oil and water. The
Technical lead on the project wants to s{*filter*}Delphi for VB4 based
on all the problems he has heard concerning the same thing.  I
still haven't seen or heard specific problems to expect using
Access with Delphi. Can someone let me know some of them?  I was
ready to give it up until I found a driver that works, now I see
no apparent problems.  We are going to decide next week which
tool to use, and I want to fight for Delphi, but not if I'm going
to look like an idiot in a couple of months.  Thanks

Sun, 30 Aug 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Newbie Looking for info on D2 Database development

2. Newbie ODBC + mODBC + info

3. Newbie: Saving DB info when windows closes!!

4. Pascal newbie requires info

5. Newbie needs some info

6. File Filtering Info request - newbie help

7. Info-Pascal still around? (was subscribe info-pascal)

8. Newbie wants newbie friend

9. Looking for tech info on xBase formats

10. DBase header info (file size, last change date)

11. Need info on SQLLinks (32Bit)

12. Finding Info from a Database.