Obtaining value of Paradox's Auto-Incremented Field Type
Author Message
 Obtaining value of Paradox's Auto-Incremented Field Type

I have a data entry form that has a field called AccountNumber. It is linked
to an Auto-Incrementing field type in a Paradox 5.0 Table. I am trying to
obtain that field's value, but can't get it until AFTER I post the current
record. If needing to do a TTableVar.Post is the correct way to go. then where
is the best place to do that? If I do not need to do a TTableVar.Post, then
how can I obtain the field's value?

ANY help appreciated in advance,
Kelly Wilcox

Sat, 13 Jun 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Obtaining value of Paradox's Auto-Incremented Field Type

Quote:
>I have a data entry form that has a field called AccountNumber. It is linked
>to an Auto-Incrementing field type in a Paradox 5.0 Table. I am trying to
>obtain that field's value, but can't get it until AFTER I post the current
>record. If needing to do a TTableVar.Post is the correct way to go. then where
>is the best place to do that? If I do not need to do a TTableVar.Post, then
>how can I obtain the field's value?

This is becoming a FAQ. After posting do Table1.Refresh and the Auto
Increment field will be updated in Delphi.

--
Donald Oddy
Grove Systems Ltd.                                    0161-224 4465

Mon, 15 Jun 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Q: Are Paradox auto-increment fields safe?

2. Auto increment field

3. Master-detail and auto-increment fields

4. Need help defining auto-incrementing field using TTable.Create

5. Auto Increment Fields and Master Details Relationship

6. Question about auto increment field

7. MS Access Auto incrementing Key fields

8. Delphi 2 SQL Server 6 problem with identifier (auto-increment) fields

9. Auto-increment fields - Should I Use Them?

10. How to reset auto- increment Fields

11. Auto-increment fields

12. Delphi3-auto-increment fields