Error: 'Capability not supported'
Author Message
 Error: 'Capability not supported'

    Hello everybody! :-)

    Well, I think this is my last recourse, I've tried with everything
imaginable but nothing... :(

    I'm working with delphi 4 Client Server and Personal Oracle 8.0.
    I have two Querys (or Tables, I have tried with both of them), linked by
a Master-Detail relation (or not linked, it doesn't care), and I'm working
in cache with the property CahedUpdates=True.

    The Append or Insert operation works well, using transactions and the
Commit Operation over the DataBase and the individual querys (to ensure the
correct update, although I have tried with only one way separately as well).

    The problem comes with the Edit operation. Everytime I try to Commit the
DataBase or ApplyUpdates to the querys, appears the error 'Capability not
Supported', and it avoids me from make a correct update.

    And that's all. I have changed the querys for tables, worked with them
linked o not linked, and the only method to get the Edit operation is
working without cache and with simples Post. The problem is that I need to
change several records in a table in the same transaction and using cache.

    Can anybody help me, please?

    Thank you very much in advance. :-)

    Sayoonara! :-)

    Alan Lorbada

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Error: 'Capability not supported'
Database.ApplyUpdates([Table1, Table2]) with do the StartTransaction and
Commit/Rollback for you.

Quote:
>     Hello everybody! :-)

>     Well, I think this is my last recourse, I've tried with everything
> imaginable but nothing... :(

>     I'm working with Delphi 4 Client Server and Personal Oracle 8.0.
>     I have two Querys (or Tables, I have tried with both of them), linked
by
> a Master-Detail relation (or not linked, it doesn't care), and I'm working
> in cache with the property CahedUpdates=True.

>     The Append or Insert operation works well, using transactions and the
> Commit Operation over the DataBase and the individual querys (to ensure
the
> correct update, although I have tried with only one way separately as
well).

>     The problem comes with the Edit operation. Everytime I try to Commit
the
> DataBase or ApplyUpdates to the querys, appears the error 'Capability not
> Supported', and it avoids me from make a correct update.

>     And that's all. I have changed the querys for tables, worked with them
> linked o not linked, and the only method to get the Edit operation is
> working without cache and with simples Post. The problem is that I need to
> change several records in a table in the same transaction and using cache.

>     Can anybody help me, please?

>     Thank you very much in advance. :-)

>     Sayoonara! :-)

>     Alan Lorbada

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Error: 'Capability not supported'

    Thank you Avegaart, I've tried with it but nothing changes, everything
remains the same. It's exactly in the moment when you make the ApplyUpdates,
to the DataBase or to the individual querys or tables.

    Is it possible that the problem was in the physical Tables?

    Thank you again.

    Sayoonara! :-)

    Alan Lorbada

Quote:
> Database.ApplyUpdates([Table1, Table2]) with do the StartTransaction and
> Commit/Rollback for you.

> >     Hello everybody! :-)

> >     Well, I think this is my last recourse, I've tried with everything
> > imaginable but nothing... :(

> >     I'm working with Delphi 4 Client Server and Personal Oracle 8.0.
> >     I have two Querys (or Tables, I have tried with both of them),
linked
> by
> > a Master-Detail relation (or not linked, it doesn't care), and I'm
working
> > in cache with the property CahedUpdates=True.

> >     The Append or Insert operation works well, using transactions and
the
> > Commit Operation over the DataBase and the individual querys (to ensure
> the
> > correct update, although I have tried with only one way separately as
> well).

> >     The problem comes with the Edit operation. Everytime I try to Commit
> the
> > DataBase or ApplyUpdates to the querys, appears the error 'Capability
not
> > Supported', and it avoids me from make a correct update.

> >     And that's all. I have changed the querys for tables, worked with
them
> > linked o not linked, and the only method to get the Edit operation is
> > working without cache and with simples Post. The problem is that I need
> > change several records in a table in the same transaction and using
cache.

> >     Can anybody help me, please?

> >     Thank you very much in advance. :-)

> >     Sayoonara! :-)

> >     Alan Lorbada

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Error: 'Capability not supported'
I Think it's simple Table does not have primary key and no edit or update
can be made
due to DBE can't find the record after edit or update.

Quote:
>     Hello everybody! :-)

>     Well, I think this is my last recourse, I've tried with everything
> imaginable but nothing... :(

>     I'm working with Delphi 4 Client Server and Personal Oracle 8.0.
>     I have two Querys (or Tables, I have tried with both of them), linked
by
> a Master-Detail relation (or not linked, it doesn't care), and I'm working
> in cache with the property CahedUpdates=True.

>     The Append or Insert operation works well, using transactions and the
> Commit Operation over the DataBase and the individual querys (to ensure
the
> correct update, although I have tried with only one way separately as
well).

>     The problem comes with the Edit operation. Everytime I try to Commit
the
> DataBase or ApplyUpdates to the querys, appears the error 'Capability not
> Supported', and it avoids me from make a correct update.

>     And that's all. I have changed the querys for tables, worked with them
> linked o not linked, and the only method to get the Edit operation is
> working without cache and with simples Post. The problem is that I need to
> change several records in a table in the same transaction and using cache.

>     Can anybody help me, please?

>     Thank you very much in advance. :-)

>     Sayoonara! :-)

>     Alan Lorbada

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. MS Access - EDBEngine Error 'Capability Not Supported'

2. Error 'Capability not supported' ???

3. TBatchMove component gives - 'Not Supported' Error

4. 'Capability not supported' on supported SQL statment

5. Capability Not Supported Error

6. A Query and Capability not supported error

7. sql capability not supported error

8. SQL error - capability not supported...Why ?

9. Workaround for 'nested selects not supported'?

10. Capability Not supported.....why not?

11. capability not supported

12. capability not supported