IIS->ISAPI->Delphi DLL->BDE->Paradox
Author Message
 IIS->ISAPI->Delphi DLL->BDE->Paradox

Hello All,

We are running Microsoft IIS and launching ISAPI DLLs written in delphi
2.01  When multiple instances of our DLLs try to access the same databases
(this happens when different people post to the same ISAPI DLL on our
website at the same time) we get Access Violation errors.  It looks to us
like the BDE is not able to handle simultaneous requests access from
multiple instances of our DLLs.

BTW, we are using TQuery.SQL, Paradox 7, and BDE 3.12 and 3.5.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Miles Porter.

Miles R. Porter
Director of Technology
RIT Systems

Mon, 30 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 IIS->ISAPI->Delphi DLL->BDE->Paradox

Quote:

> Hello All,

> We are running Microsoft IIS and launching ISAPI DLLs written in Delphi
> 2.01  When multiple instances of our DLLs try to access the same databases
> (this happens when different people post to the same ISAPI DLL on our
> website at the same time) we get Access Violation errors.  It looks to us
> like the BDE is not able to handle simultaneous requests access from
> multiple instances of our DLLs.

> BTW, we are using TQuery.SQL, Paradox 7, and BDE 3.12 and 3.5.

> Any suggestions would be appreciated.

> Thanks,

> Miles Porter.

> Miles R. Porter
> Director of Technology
> RIT Systems

Try using WebHub by Href.  It is a great product and well worth the
money. Check it out at www.href.com

Wed, 01 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 IIS->ISAPI->Delphi DLL->BDE->Paradox

Quote:

> Hello All,

> We are running Microsoft IIS and launching ISAPI DLLs written in Delphi
> 2.01  When multiple instances of our DLLs try to access the same databases
> (this happens when different people post to the same ISAPI DLL on our
> website at the same time) we get Access Violation errors.  It looks to us
> like the BDE is not able to handle simultaneous requests access from
> multiple instances of our DLLs.

> BTW, we are using TQuery.SQL, Paradox 7, and BDE 3.12 and 3.5.

> Any suggestions would be appreciated.

> Thanks,

> Miles Porter.

> Miles R. Porter
> Director of Technology
> RIT Systems

Try WebHub by Href.  It is well worth the money and will save you lots
of time.  Check it out at www.href.com

Wed, 01 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 IIS->ISAPI->Delphi DLL->BDE->Paradox

You need to make sure in each time through the DLL, you create a new
TSession with a NEW, ORIGINAL name.  Use the thread id for the name of the
TSession (SessionName).  Connect any other database components to that
session.  That should handle it, unless its a shortcoming of Paradox, but
we had the same problem using Delphi 2, IIS, and Sybase SQL Server 11, and
thats the fix I used.  Let me know how you make out!

Fri, 03 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 IIS->ISAPI->Delphi DLL->BDE->Paradox

We create our own ISAPI stuff, and since the BDE only handles 32
connections, (I think), we have to use our own Mutexing to gain High volume
access. Also I should say that it is using FoxPro tables no paradox but the
multithreaded issues are the same......

Gordon
Voice Data Systems Inc.
360-686-8315

Quote:

> > Hello All,

> > We are running Microsoft IIS and launching ISAPI DLLs written in Delphi
> > 2.01  When multiple instances of our DLLs try to access the same
databases
> > (this happens when different people post to the same ISAPI DLL on our
> > website at the same time) we get Access Violation errors.  It looks to
us
> > like the BDE is not able to handle simultaneous requests access from
> > multiple instances of our DLLs.

> > BTW, we are using TQuery.SQL, Paradox 7, and BDE 3.12 and 3.5.

> > Any suggestions would be appreciated.

> > Thanks,

> > Miles Porter.

> > Miles R. Porter
> > Director of Technology
> > RIT Systems
> Try using WebHub by Href.  It is a great product and well worth the
> money. Check it out at www.href.com

Fri, 03 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 IIS->ISAPI->Delphi DLL->BDE->Paradox

Quote:

>Hello All,
>We are running Microsoft IIS and launching ISAPI DLLs written in Delphi
>2.01  When multiple instances of our DLLs try to access the same databases
>(this happens when different people post to the same ISAPI DLL on our
>website at the same time) we get Access Violation errors.  It looks to us
>like the BDE is not able to handle simultaneous requests access from
>multiple instances of our DLLs.
>BTW, we are using TQuery.SQL, Paradox 7, and BDE 3.12 and 3.5.
>Any suggestions would be appreciated.
>Thanks,
>Miles Porter.
>Miles R. Porter
>Director of Technology
>RIT Systems

I know that there is a limitation in Delphi16/BDE2.52 where you can
only have one DLL at a time that uses the BDE.

Sun, 05 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 IIS->ISAPI->Delphi DLL->BDE->Paradox

FYI,

Thanks to everyone who responded.  The solution was to use unique session
names on the TTable and TQuery objects.  (See Joe's reply.)

Thanks,

Miles Porter
Director of Technology
RIT Systems
Creators of Jobkeys  http://www.jobkeys.com/

Quote:
> Hello All,

> We are running Microsoft IIS and launching ISAPI DLLs written in Delphi
> 2.01  When multiple instances of our DLLs try to access the same
databases
> (this happens when different people post to the same ISAPI DLL on our
> website at the same time) we get Access Violation errors.  It looks to us
> like the BDE is not able to handle simultaneous requests access from
> multiple instances of our DLLs.

> BTW, we are using TQuery.SQL, Paradox 7, and BDE 3.12 and 3.5.

> Any suggestions would be appreciated.

> Thanks,

> Miles Porter.

> Miles R. Porter
> Director of Technology
> RIT Systems

Sun, 05 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Delphi>>>>>>>

2. <><><><><><><Does anyone know..........><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

3. HELP ME PLEASE I NEED HELP ON PROGRAMMING THIS>>>>|||

4. HELP>>HELP>>Using an Index for an MSSQL database

5. <><><> www.FotoCD.net <><><>

6. PreAnnounce: >>>RimFIRE!>>> automated table-structure synchronization tool

7. In Search of WinUnits >>>

8. :>>>Use mouse in Pascal<<<:

9. >>>>> CHEAP and EASY database DESIGNtool <<<<<<

10. >>>>>!!!!!!!!!! LOW Budget and EASY database DESIGNtool !!!!!!!!!!

11. >>>>>Good Grief, aren't any of you in NYC?!

12. Formatted Memo: Paradox->Local Interbase -> Reports