Distributing MS ODBC drivers with Delphi app
Author Message
 Distributing MS ODBC drivers with Delphi app

Greetings,

Is there anyone out there who is currently using delphi with MS Access databases?
I understand Delphi requires an updated ODBC driver to use MS Access databases.
Is this true?

I just spoke with a Technical Sales Associate at Microsoft concerning the
Microsoft ODBC Driver Pack.  He informed me that the ODBC driver (v2.0) pack
is available (for $5.25US) from the MS Order Desk.  However, this is only
available for registered users of Microsoft Development Products.  Also,
the pack only provides a license to distribute the drivers with an application
developed using Microsoft's development products.

How does one develop and distribute a Delphi app that uses MS Access without
the new ODBC drivers from Microsoft?  Are other drivers available?

-Craig
Craig Jackson                         Television is the opiate of the masses!

Sat, 25 Jul 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Distributing BDE 4.0 MS Access Driver

2. Distributing 16bit Interbase ODBC drivers

3. Distributing ODBC Drivers

4. Db.StartTransaction in Delphi 2.01 using MS Access 7.0 ODBC Driver fails

5. Distributing DB App w/Delphi v1.0??

6. Distributing Delphi Apps

7. distributing Delphi apps on CD-ROM

8. How do you distribute Delphi App?

9. Distributing Delphi 1.0 apps

10. Q: Distributing DB apps Delphi 1.0 ????

11. Distributing MDB file for use with Delphi 1 thru ODBC

12. INFO: The TDatabase component and MS's dBase ODBC driver