Database question--how to handle a memo value?
Author Message
 Database question--how to handle a memo value?

How do I use a method like TTable.AppendRecord to fill out a memo value (on
a Paradox table)? Do I pass a TStrings object, or a single string?  If it's
the latter, how do I represent a return character?

Say if the last field is a memo value do I do:

TTable.AppendRecord([string, integer, string, integer, TStrings]);

or

TTable.AppendRecord([string, integer, string, integer, string]);

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Database question--how to handle a memo value?

On Sun, 10 Aug 1997 12:29:34 -0700, "Elemental Master"

Quote:

>How do I use a method like TTable.AppendRecord to fill out a memo value (on
>a Paradox table)? Do I pass a TStrings object, or a single string?  If it's
>the latter, how do I represent a return character?

>Say if the last field is a memo value do I do:

>TTable.AppendRecord([string, integer, string, integer, TStrings]);

>or

>TTable.AppendRecord([string, integer, string, integer, string]);

You should really use SQL instead.

   Joachim

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. What is the syntax for copy a memo to a database memo field

2. Clarification: on ChimneySweep's new handling of memo-field repairs

3. DBGrid Memo handling and thumb tracking

4. handling Dbase memo fields

5. Delphi/Access Blob handles with memo fields

6. string handling question

7. Interbase & IDAPI Transaction handling question

8. Another DBGrid question about Memo fields

9. Memo Field search performance, Newbie question

10. Delphi Memo Question

11. Delphi Memo Questions

12. Question on Memo control