Index out of Date Problem
Author Message
 Index out of Date Problem

I am using delphi 3CS with Paradox files and I am facing recurrent
'Index out of Date Problem'. The application involves

* Nearly 70 Tables with 30 memo/ blob files attached to them
* 220 Primary and Secondary index files, all are 'Maintained'.
* the file sizes are at present small and less than 2 MB except for two
or three files.
* I am using standard parameters of BDE INIT.
* I am using all Table components which have been loaded in normal forms

as well as data modules. No SQL is being used.
* The program is operated in multi user mode but is not client server.

Any suggestions as to how to get the indexes to 'stay in date' ?

Thanks

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Index out of Date Problem
"Index out of date" message can mean one of two
things. Either the index file is corrupted, in
which case you should delete the index and
re-index the table, or the table itself is
corrupted.

Quote:

> I am using Delphi 3CS with Paradox files and I
am facing recurrent
> 'Index out of Date Problem'. The application
involves

> * Nearly 70 Tables with 30 memo/ blob files
attached to them
> * 220 Primary and Secondary index files, all are
'Maintained'.
> * the file sizes are at present small and less

than 2 MB except for two
Quote:
> or three files.
> * I am using standard parameters of BDE INIT.
> * I am using all Table components which have

been loaded in normal forms
Quote:

> as well as data modules. No SQL is being used.
> * The program is operated in multi user mode but

is not client server.

Quote:

> Any suggestions as to how to get the indexes to
'stay in date' ?

> Thanks

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Index out of date Problem

2. Paradox Index out of date problem

3. TechTips: Avoiding index-out-of-date and other Delphi(16) problems

4. Index out of date, but no index

5. Index Error - Index out date

6. how to make multiple read outs - help

7. how do you make multiple read outs?

8. Table jumps outs edit mode newby

9. Weird index out of date error

10. Paradox 'index out of date' message

11. BDE Engine error: Index file out of date...

12. Index is out of date