FindKey does not always find a record
Author Message
 FindKey does not always find a record

Hello everybody,

        I have a delphi application that accesses an Interbase v3.3f
Server Database.  Occasionally, my application does a FindKey, but does not return the
data from the table.  I have made sure that the information in the FindKey statement
is correct for the index that I am using at the time of the FindKey.  The data that I
am looking up is in the Database.  I would estimate that 2-3% of the time this is the
FindKey
is not finding the record from the table.

        Why is this happening?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx

Chad Lind

Sun, 17 May 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 FindKey does not always find a record
Check for non-visible characters that may be either in the actual
key values or in your search key (e.g., blanks).  Also, check the
key sizes.

Mon, 18 May 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Record NOT Found

2. Record not found

3. Findkey won't find key

4. Findkey won't find key

5. why does post not always post?

6. DBGrid vertical scrollbar not always showing - this looks REALLY bad

7. FindKey never finds key

8. how to return always the same record num.?

9. Insert record always at the end of db ????

10. Doing a find on a query - Delphi 1

11. Doing a find on a query - Delphi 1

12. Q: Does TTable.FindKey also refresh records ?