Can I use MsGraph 5.0 in Delphi 2.0???
Author Message
 Can I use MsGraph 5.0 in Delphi 2.0???

Hello,

        Sorry about my english, but i've a poor english...
        I want use MsGraph (MsGraph is the engine that office'97 use to draw
graphs, charts,...
        I know that i can run Word,... in background:

        procedure TForm1.Button1Clik(Sender: TObject);
        begin
            v:=CreateOleObject('Word.Basic');
            v.FileNew('Normal');
            v.Insert('Hello, world!!!' + #13);
            v.Insert('I need your help...');
            v.FileSaveAs('C:\DOCUMENT.DOC');
        end;

        But i don't know MsGraph ProgID (Word.Basic is Word ProgID) and i don't
know where i can find information about how i can use it.
        Thanx,

        Juan Carlos

  J u a n
  A     Becario Dpto. Organizacin Empresas (FIB)
  R     www:     http://www.*-*-*.com/

  U n
  C h i c o
  S i m p a t i c o  y
  D i v e r t i d o
  .
  M     Graus, mi pueblo: http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sat, 14 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Can I use MsGraph 5.0 in Delphi 2.0???
Although I have never done what you're asking, I think your answer
lies in VBA, if that's what you're using in word or excel to get to
msgraph.  VBA, which unfortunately I am programming in now, is the
Yugo of the OOP's world (a product only a monopoly could build).
Nonetheless, doing it from excel would be more straight-forward
because of how you can embed VBA in cells.  In any event, whatever
solution you access the MSGraph object through (unless what you're
trying to achieve requires that you not access it directly?), you will
have to pass your parameters and then re-pass them as named parameters
within VBA.  I need to know more, not least-ways because unfortunately
focus control as handled by the "_Global" object is not well thought
out to put it kindly.  Would it be out of the question, for example,
to open a specific (pre-made) word or excel file, or do you have to
start with Normal?

Quote:
>Hello,

>    Sorry about my english, but i've a poor english...
>    I want use MsGraph (MsGraph is the engine that office'97 use to draw
>graphs, charts,...
>    I know that i can run Word,... in background:

>    procedure TForm1.Button1Clik(Sender: TObject);
>    begin
>        v:=CreateOleObject('Word.Basic');
>        v.FileNew('Normal');
>        v.Insert('Hello, world!!!' + #13);
>        v.Insert('I need your help...');
>        v.FileSaveAs('C:\DOCUMENT.DOC');
>    end;

>    But i don't know MsGraph ProgID (Word.Basic is Word ProgID) and i don't
>know where i can find information about how i can use it.
>    Thanx,

>    Juan Carlos

>  J u a n
>  A Becario Dpto. Organizacin Empresas (FIB)
>  R www:    http://botijo.home.ml.org

>  U n
>  C h i c o
>  S i m p a t i c o  y
>  D i v e r t i d o
>  .
>  M Graus, mi pueblo: http://graus.home.ml.org

Mon, 16 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Can I use MsGraph 5.0 in Delphi 2.0???
Juan,

Try placing an OLE Container on a form and see when you right clcik if the
Graph Engine is listed.. If it is, you can use it.

Quote:

>Hello,

> Sorry about my english, but i've a poor english...
> I want use MsGraph (MsGraph is the engine that office'97 use to draw
>graphs, charts,...
> I know that i can run Word,... in background:

> procedure TForm1.Button1Clik(Sender: TObject);
> begin
>     v:=CreateOleObject('Word.Basic');
>     v.FileNew('Normal');
>     v.Insert('Hello, world!!!' + #13);
>     v.Insert('I need your help...');
>     v.FileSaveAs('C:\DOCUMENT.DOC');
> end;

> But i don't know MsGraph ProgID (Word.Basic is Word ProgID) and i don't
>know where i can find information about how i can use it.
> Thanx,

> Juan Carlos

>  J u a n
>  A Becario Dpto. Organizacin Empresas (FIB)
>  R www: http://botijo.home.ml.org

>  U n
>  C h i c o
>  S i m p a t i c o  y
>  D i v e r t i d o
>  .
>  M Graus, mi pueblo: http://graus.home.ml.org

Fri, 27 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Excel 5.0 and Delphi 2.0

2. Delphi 2.0 vs. Powerbuilder 5.0

3. Delphi 2.0 and Crystal Reports 5.0

4. Delphi Developer 2.0 and Sybase SQL Anywhere 5.0

5. Using Delphi DLL in a BC++ 5.0 program

6. gpc 2.0 on linux redhat 5.0

7. ODE 2.0 - ODBC Components for Delphi 2.0 and Delphi 3

8. It's not bad canned meat...

9. Problem using Btrieve for Win95 and Delphi 2.0

10. Deleting a detail record using Delphi 1.0 on a MS Access 2.0 database

11. Problems in using Delphi 1.0 with an access 2.0 database

12. Real Problems using Delphi 2.0 and Btrieve v6.15 Developers Kit for Windows