Software AG ADABAS SQL Server and ODBC with Delphi
Author Message
 Software AG ADABAS SQL Server and ODBC with Delphi

We're testing the Software AG ADABAS C SQL Server 1.3.1 on Open VMS/VAX
as a server for ADABAS ODBC 1.1.2 clients on PCs. The PCs are running
Paradox for Windows and Borland delphi applications. We have experience
of talking to an Oracle/Rdb server on the VAX which works fine, and are
evaluating ADABAS as an alternative.

Has anyone out there used Delphi clients against an ADABAS SQL server?

Thanks - John
+-------------------+--------------------------------------------------+

Forbo-Lancaster Ltd.| X.400: c=GB,a=CWMAIL,p=FORBO,s=McCreesh
Lancaster, England  | Voice: +44 (0)1524 65222 Fax: +44 (0)1524 61638

Sun, 21 Feb 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Software AG ADABAS SQL Server and ODBC with Delphi

Quote:

>We're testing the Software AG ADABAS C SQL Server 1.3.1 on Open VMS/VAX
>as a server for ADABAS ODBC 1.1.2 clients on PCs. The PCs are running
>Paradox for Windows and Borland Delphi applications. We have experience
>of talking to an Oracle/Rdb server on the VAX which works fine, and are
>evaluating ADABAS as an alternative.
>Has anyone out there used Delphi clients against an ADABAS SQL server?

I have. I tried recently while evaluating ADABAS D Personal Edition.
Really easy, too - All I did was set up the ODBC driver and go. Be
careful with the language translation table, though. I used the demo
databases only to find out the accented characters wouldn't display
correctly. I later found out that you have to use the 'WEurope' ANSI
to be able to use them correctly (at least that is the case with the
demo database).

The only table I couldn't connect was the 'Photos' table, but I really
didn't try hard enough.

There is not much to it - you need to set up your ODBC driver and data
source (comes with adabas), and then go to the BDE config to add the
odbc driver, and create the alias. The speed is not too bad either -
if you compare it to Oracle or Sybase.

Hope this helps,

David Martinez
Fireside Thrift

Sun, 21 Feb 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. SQL Server - ODBC - Delphi problem

2. Solution to MS SQL Server ODBC access problem with Delphi

3. Delphi problem with MS SQL Server ODBC Data Sources

4. SQL server 4.21 via ODBC in Delphi 1.02

5. Delphi, 16bit Native SQL-Server 6.5 native/ ODBC drivers

6. Need Help with Sql-Server ODBC & Delphi

7. Problem with Identity field in Delphi 2, with ODBC SQL server 6.5 link

8. Help: Identity recovering and Disconnections with Delphi 2 and SQL Server and ODBC

9. SQL Links or ODBC for remote SQL servers?

10. Access to SQL Server ODBC vs SQL Links

11. MS SQL Server - ODBC vs SQL Links

12. :ADABAS+DELPHI