Paradox + Network : "Can't open detail table"
Author Message
 Paradox + Network : "Can't open detail table"

I'm using delphi 5 and paradox table. There is referential integrities
between tables.
My app work fine on local and on network (2 to 10 clients).
NetFile dir is correctly managed. Local share is TRUE.

Problem : Sometimes, some tables can't be opened.
French error message : "Echec lors de l'ouverture de la table dtail".
My translation in English : "Failed to open detail table" or "Can't open
detail table".

When the problem occurs :
- Several clients connected on the same database.
- 2 different apps accessing different databases on the same PC (2 apps
and 2 databases on a unique PC).

Problem occurs with all Windows version : 95, 98, ME, 2000. (NT, I don't
know)

I tried to change following BDE settings but nothing change :
LOW MEMORY USAGE LIMIT
MAXBUFSIZE
MAXFILEHANDLES
MEMSIZE
SHAREDMEMSIZE

Anyone has a clue ?

Sun, 31 Aug 2003 19:15:00 GMT
 Paradox + Network : "Can't open detail table"
Marc

Are any of the detail tables being opened before the master table?

Alan Jeffery
Professional Systems

Quote:
> I'm using Delphi 5 and paradox table. There is referential integrities
> between tables.
> My app work fine on local and on network (2 to 10 clients).
> NetFile dir is correctly managed. Local share is TRUE.

> Problem : Sometimes, some tables can't be opened.
> French error message : "Echec lors de l'ouverture de la table dtail".
> My translation in English : "Failed to open detail table" or "Can't open
> detail table".

> When the problem occurs :
> - Several clients connected on the same database.
> - 2 different apps accessing different databases on the same PC (2 apps
> and 2 databases on a unique PC).

> Problem occurs with all Windows version : 95, 98, ME, 2000. (NT, I don't
> know)

> I tried to change following BDE settings but nothing change :
> LOW MEMORY USAGE LIMIT
> MAXBUFSIZE
> MAXFILEHANDLES
> MEMSIZE
> SHAREDMEMSIZE

> Anyone has a clue ?

Mon, 01 Sep 2003 04:24:53 GMT
 Paradox + Network : "Can't open detail table"
Yes Alan.
For example, in module Customers, I open Customer table first and Orders
table after. Customer table is a detail table of Orders table.
I tried to open Orders table first but it doesn't change the problem.
It's hard to manage the opening order of all tables of the application
because each module open several tables.
In addition, I've encountered case where the detail table whish couldn't be
opened haven't been opened before.

Quote:
> Marc

> Are any of the detail tables being opened before the master table?

> Alan Jeffery
> Professional Systems

> > I'm using Delphi 5 and paradox table. There is referential integrities
> > between tables.
> > My app work fine on local and on network (2 to 10 clients).
> > NetFile dir is correctly managed. Local share is TRUE.

> > Problem : Sometimes, some tables can't be opened.
> > French error message : "Echec lors de l'ouverture de la table dtail".
> > My translation in English : "Failed to open detail table" or "Can't open
> > detail table".

> > When the problem occurs :
> > - Several clients connected on the same database.
> > - 2 different apps accessing different databases on the same PC (2 apps
> > and 2 databases on a unique PC).

> > Problem occurs with all Windows version : 95, 98, ME, 2000. (NT, I don't
> > know)

> > I tried to change following BDE settings but nothing change :
> > LOW MEMORY USAGE LIMIT
> > MAXBUFSIZE
> > MAXFILEHANDLES
> > MEMSIZE
> > SHAREDMEMSIZE

> > Anyone has a clue ?

Mon, 01 Sep 2003 06:39:48 GMT

1. The keys "-"/"+"/"*"

2. Ehrmann's "Paradox Files" aricles

3. ...Your Invited: "Grand Re-Opening"..

4. "Too many files open" strikes again

5. "Counting" Open Files

6. HELP : "Invalid Paramater", when doing Tquery.Open, seems to not release resources

7. ""256 Color Mouse""

8. An always "opened database"

9. BDE: "Invalid parameter" on sql open

10. Database Problem: "Not Initialized for Network"

11. Help -- "network drive not ready"

12. HELP -"Not Initalised for Network"