Interbase with views or stored procedures.
Author Message
 Interbase with views or stored procedures.

Quote:

>We have a problem with Interbase 4.0 for Windows NT. There is a table
>with about 500.000 records and one with about 7.000. When we create a
>view wherin a calculation between fields in both tables is made. (A
>very simple percentage calculation x*y/100 ) When we select from the
>first table (with calculations) this goes extremely fast. From the
>second even faster :-) But when the view is used (or select procedure)
>it takes about halve an hour to complete. Can this be done faster?
>When you need the source code, I will mail it to you..
>One sollution we found is to create a static table with the values
>from the view, but this will need (extremely) difficult triggers to
>update the table. So we thought about creating a view, but it is sooo
>slowwwwww..
>Hope anyone can help us further..
>Thanx in advance,
>Andre Broers, Automation.

Andre, have you thought of using a procedure instead?  Depending upon
what you select by this could be a much faster way of getting your
results!

You could also create a procedure for doing the calculation and then
reference it from your view!

I'm not sure which is the fastest way but there is a lot of options.

Cheers...

Sat, 16 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Interbase with views or stored procedures.

2. Live resultsets from Interbase stored procedure?

3. BLOB FROM DELPHI TO INTERBASE STORED PROCEDURES

4. Creating Interbase Stored Procedure

5. Local Interbase Server - Stored Procedures ?

6. Stored procedure question - Interbase NLM.

7. Interbase - stored procedures

8. Dynamic WHERE clause in Stored Procedures within INTERBASE ?

9. Granting Interbase privledges from within a stored procedure

10. Interbase Stored Procedures

11. Problem with Interbase Stored Procedure

12. Interbase stored procedures