Help: DBMemo in character-field (not Memo-field)
Author Message
 Help: DBMemo in character-field (not Memo-field)

Hello,
I have a problem with a normal character field and a DBMemo
the DBMemo doesn't work well because i can't
change the contents, any data i had typed in disappears as i exit the
control.
Is there something wrong or can't i use a DBMemo on a normal field (for editing
that is)?
If it can't be done wirh a DBMemo is there an other control wich i can use (with
wordwrap)?

Thanks in advance,
Ron

Tue, 17 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Help: DBMemo in character-field (not Memo-field)

|>Hello,
|>I have a problem with a normal character field and a DBMemo
|>the DBMemo doesn't work well because i can't
|>change the contents, any data i had typed in disappears as i exit the
|>control.
|>Is there something wrong or can't i use a DBMemo on a normal field (for
|> editing
|>that is)?
|>If it can't be done wirh a DBMemo is there an other control wich i can use
|> (with
|>wordwrap)?
|>
|>Thanks in advance,
|>Ron

I think you can only use the dbmemo on a memo field. Just use the regular
tmemo and then replace the field with the contents of tmemo.

Sun, 22 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. search for a component DBMemo working with formated memo field

2. Insufficient memo field space in a DBMemo component

3. Help: TUpdateSQL not support updates for MEMO field!!

4. HELP!!: Memo too large / Field is not a BLOB error

5. HELP! UpdateSQL can not work with memo field

6. DBMemo fields not saving changes

7. Help: copy memo field from one table to another field

8. D4: Strange characters in DBASE memo-fields

9. Lost 1st 2 character in Memo Field

10. Text searching in character, memo fields

11. datacombobox not saving all the character even though it is within length of field length

12. Memo fields not displayed on qReport