Paradox, (16 bit BDE) and wasted space - HELP
Author Message
 Paradox, (16 bit BDE) and wasted space - HELP

I was wondering if anyone has noticed that Paradox/BDE 16 has a bit of a
space problem.  One of my DB's is built from copying records from one table
to another (simple copy, in index order, append..append..append...etc).
After copying 200-300 records, if I pack the table, the size is reduced by
33% (record size ends up to have 3 record per block, so it seems to write
two, skip one...etc)

My question, Does Paradox leave the last record of a block free for future
inserts?  Is there a way to stop this behavior? (It is consistent).

Thanks in advance

If you could, please respond directly to me as I don't get much time to scan

Sat, 24 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. BDE 32-bit & 16-bit

2. 32 bit bde with 16 bit odbc

3. Delphi/BDE 16 bit VS 32 bit

4. 16 bit and 32 bit BDE with same table

5. 32 bit BDE with 16 bit ODBC Drivers

6. Need help with 16-bit BDE

7. Help file for 16-bit BDE

8. Delphi 16 install bites Paradox 7??

9. Is there a 16 bit version of Paradox 7.0

10. Known 16-bit BDE problems?

11. ODBC 2 required for 16-bit BDE

12. INFO: New 16-bit BDE available