Help! Copying a table w/TBatchMove, ODBC
Author Message
 Help! Copying a table w/TBatchMove, ODBC

Here is my problem: I have my user create a query in my D1 program and I
want to use ReportSmith to print some reports, but how do I get the
Query created at runtime from my program to RS_Runtime?

I decided to try and use the TBatchMove component which has a batCopy
mode that will copy the source, which can be a query, to a table and if
the table doesn't exists it will create it. So, everytime I perform a
query if I copy it into this table I could set up ReportSmith to use
that table to report from. I created a TTable for the non-existant table
and set the proper database alias, then I set the TBatchMove components
properties with the input coming from a TQuery. When I execute this I
get the following error message:

Invalid field type. [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access 2.0 Driver]
Couldn't find input table or query 'testing.

I'm using an Access database via BDE/ODBC. I have looked and haven't
found out anything obviously wrong yet. 'Invalid field type' seems to
indicate that maybe ODBC/Access is having trouble identifying BDE's
interpretations of its own field types in creating the new table?
Any suggestions?

Jonathan Crockett

Sun, 22 Nov 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. D1, tbatchmove not copying index

2. Help: copy memo field from one table to another field

3. Records or Table Copy - HELP, please!

4. Help - Copying a Table.

5. Copying and renaming paradox v5.0 Tables - help !!!

6. Copying database tables to new tables (haviing new fields)

7. Copying records in current table to the same table

8. Copy ASCII Tables to New Paradox Tables

9. New Table pointer and/or copying a tables data

10. Copy a table to another table howto

11. TBatchMove and table export

12. TBatchMove / Creating a databse table at runtime?