key group locked error, weird TDBEdit focus error
Author Message
 key group locked error, weird TDBEdit focus error

I've mentioned these two problems before, but have found no solution:

(1) I'm getting an EDBEngine exception with the message "key group locked" (and then
it gives the username, which is myself, of course). This occurs when chaning the key
and posting a record to a TTable which is the master in a master-detail relationship
with many other tables. If anyone knows anything about this exception, I'd greatly
appreciate any insight. The problem only seems to occur when the table which to
which the record is being posted has detail tables, and it only occurs when I'm
modifying the key (there is only one key field).

(2) When moving from a TEdit field, loading another form (via ShowModal), and then
returning, I'm expecting the focus to go to the next field in the TabOrder, which is
a TDBEdit. Although the TDBEdit does have focus and is the active control, for some
reason I can't edit the field (it won't let me click within the box). If I click on
another field, type something in, and then move back, everything works fine. This
only occurs when the second form is popped up after the first field. Any ideas?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ "the revolution is now. why settle?" ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Kito D. Mann                                            Virtua Communications Corp

(410)662-7280                                           3100 Falls Cliff Rd. #200
(410)467-0127 (FAX)                                     Baltimore, MD 21211

Tue, 24 Nov 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 key group locked error, weird TDBEdit focus error

Quote:
> I've mentioned these two problems before, but have found no solution:

> (1) I'm getting an EDBEngine exception with the message "key group locked" (and then
> it gives the username, which is myself, of course). This occurs when chaning the key
> and posting a record to a TTable which is the master in a master-detail relationship
> with many other tables. If anyone knows anything about this exception, I'd greatly
> appreciate any insight. The problem only seems to occur when the table which to
> which the record is being posted has detail tables, and it only occurs when I'm
> modifying the key (there is only one key field).

Classic! By modifying the key of your master record, the details loose
their connection and you're violating some referential integrity. If
this is really what you want, you should change the reference in the
details (or set them to null, if your DBMS accepts that) prior to
posting the master.

Quote:
> (2) When moving from a TEdit field, loading another form (via ShowModal), and then
> returning, I'm expecting the focus to go to the next field in the TabOrder, which is
> a TDBEdit. Although the TDBEdit does have focus and is the active control, for some
> reason I can't edit the field (it won't let me click within the box). If I click on
> another field, type something in, and then move back, everything works fine. This
> only occurs when the second form is popped up after the first field. Any ideas?

Just a wild guess: the readonly property of your TTable, TDBEdit or
the corresponding TField has been set to true by your modal form?

Jasper

PS: please take into consideration
- when replying, I just think I know;
- when asking, be sure that I don't.

Fri, 27 Nov 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Key group is locked error

2. in-memory tables, key-group locked error, copying records

3. Key group is locked error?

4. HELP -- "Key group is locked" error

5. Date error message and focusing in TDBgrid

6. date error interception in and focusing in DBGrid

7. Un focused error

8. Error Creating Form: Cannot focus...

9. Weird index out of date error

10. Weird SQL error...