Coding, ODBC, SQL Server
Author Message
 Coding, ODBC, SQL Server

Hi!
I have a procedure that codes a password and queries the SQL Server
database through the ODBC. The password is coded with a mask that
changes the entered characters into characters that have an ASCII value
of 128 and higher. However, when I view the SQL Prepare and Execute
statements in the SQL monitor, the characters in the password are
changed to ASCII values of 127 and lower. For example, I have an ASCII
value of 226 (which is an "a" with a little thing on top) which is
somehow changed into an ASCII value of 97 (which is a normal "a"). This
doesnt happen on all computers, only on a few (2 of which had C++
Builder installed previously). Any advice would be appreciated (i.e.
please help!). Thanx.

Vedrana

Sat, 21 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Coding, ODBC, SQL Server
Vedrana,

I am not familiar with this problem but try using a Stored Procedure and see
if you have the same results.

Quote:

>Hi!
>I have a procedure that codes a password and queries the SQL Server
>database through the ODBC. The password is coded with a mask that
>changes the entered characters into characters that have an ASCII value
>of 128 and higher. However, when I view the SQL Prepare and Execute
>statements in the SQL monitor, the characters in the password are
>changed to ASCII values of 127 and lower. For example, I have an ASCII
>value of 226 (which is an "a" with a little thing on top) which is
>somehow changed into an ASCII value of 97 (which is a normal "a"). This
>doesnt happen on all computers, only on a few (2 of which had C++
>Builder installed previously). Any advice would be appreciated (i.e.
>please help!). Thanx.

>Vedrana

Fri, 27 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. SQL Links or ODBC for remote SQL servers?

2. Access to SQL Server ODBC vs SQL Links

3. MS SQL Server - ODBC vs SQL Links

4. SQL Server 6.whatever ODBC - can we talk?

5. Hang up when using D1 + ODBC + MS SQL Server 6.5

6. Software AG ADABAS SQL Server and ODBC with Delphi

7. SQL Server and ODBC

8. Getting @@Identity from SQL Server via ODBC Driver

9. SQL Server 6.5: Native driver vs. ODBC

10. SQL Server - ODBC - Delphi problem

11. Setting parameters for the ODBC-driver SQL-server

12. Help with ODBC to MS SQL server?